13

Brantley's POV
Ever since Maci brought up having a baby, our relationship has become stronger than it was before. I'm outside loading up wood into the bed of my truck for the bonfire tonight. I have a little trick up my sleeve for tonight. More of a surprise really. I load up a nice size log before taking off my shirt, because it's an unusually warm day for October. "I love when you do that." I hear Maci say from behind me, and I can't help but smile. "Love what?" I ask turning around to look at her. "When you work with your shirt off." She says running her hands down my chest. Maci walks around and hips up on my tailgate. I turn around to face her and she pulls me down by my beard and kisses me roughly. "What's gotten into you?" I ask as I pull away. "I want you."

Maci's POV
After earlier this afternoon, Brantley and I can't keep our hands to ourselves. "Baby, our friends will be here soon. We need to get downstairs." I tell Brantley, as I'm trying to get dressed, while he's trying to undress me. "Alright, fine. We will continue this later." He says nipping my ear, before letting me get dressed. I shake my head with a laugh as I hear the bedroom door shut. I finish getting dressed and then make my way downstairs.

Caroline, Brittany, and I are in the kitchen making drinks, before we join out men by the fire. Brantley, Luke, and Jason are all off at the same time, so they came to town for a night. Kolby is here and so is Mama Becky. When we walk outside, I notice that more people have shown up. I walk over to where Brantley is talking to Kolby, and wrap my arms around him. "Oh good, you're here." He says with a smile before getting everyone's attention. "Maci, I have something that I've been wanting to ask you for a while now. Tonight in front of our closest friends and family, is the perfect time. I love you so much and I'm thankful to have you in my life. You are the only woman that I want to do this life with. I can't wait to start a life and family with you. The only thing left to say is...will you marry me?" Brantley gets down on one knee, and when he opens the ring box, I can't hold back my tears. "Yes, of course! I want to so much."

Brantley's POV
She said yes, now I just have to get her to say "I do." Everybody left a little bit ago, and Maci and I are laying in bed. I smile down at her, laying on my chest, looking at her ring. "Do you like it?" "Brantley, I love it. Are you sure?" She asks, sitting up to look at me. "What do you mean?" "Are you sure that I'm the one you want forever? I mean, you can have any woman that you want. I love you Brantley, but I don't want to hold you back." Maci explains, playing with my necklace. "Maci, Baby, listen to me. You are not holding me back. I don't want anybody else. Baby girl, you have been it for me since the night I laid eyes on you. Trust me, I was more than happy to kick Jake's ass and make you mine." We both laugh before I continue. "Don't ever think that you are not enough me. I want you. I want everything with you. With that being said, when do you want to get married?" "Tomorrow, wouldn't be soon enough, but I was thinking New Year's Eve. That way we can start  the new year as husband and wife." "Baby girl, I think that sounds perfect."