Chapter 8 - Lucky

"I loved her, but the dark side of her, any girl can play innocent, but her demons are what drove me wild, her secrets, her pain, her darkness, that's what made me love her" -Michael Marquez
—————————-

Mila-
The passed few days flew by, he took care of me every minute if I needed help or not. The doctor has finally released me from being bed bound. So Maximus has asked me to go on a run, Lynn is in desperate need to be free, so I obliged.

"Are you ready?" He asks, "just give me a couple of  minutes please" I want to look presentable since I haven't met any of his pack members. I've only come in contact with Lisa and Dr.Sterling, but I also know work out clothes would be easier to move around in and to get dressed in once we finish shifting.

Finally after looking through the clothes he's purchased for me. How he knew my size is shocking to me. I come across black spandex capris and a matching black sports bra with straps along the waist. It looks beautiful also amplifying each of my curves just right.

 It looks beautiful also amplifying each of my curves just right

I look into the mirror, I can hardly recognize myself. I look healthy and happy. I'm a little surprised that in such little time Maximus has made me feel so safe and comfortable, and loved, but honestly I'm glad. Maybe it's my time to finally be happy.

I make my way out of the room and down the stairs, following Maximus minty scent, I walk into the dinning area and suddenly all eyes are on me. Three sets of eyes to be exact.

Maximus let's out a low growl and quickly makes his way towards me and gives me a kiss on my forehead and says "I'd like you to meet Mila, she is my mate and will be your new Luna." His arm wraps around my waist and pulls me towards his chest. The word Luna is still a bit strong for me.

The men all clear there throats quickly, "keep your eyes and hands off of my mate" he states in a harsh tone. "It's nice to meet you Luna, Alpha Wylde has told us so much about you my name is Adrian the packs beta." He gives me a small smile. "All good things I hope." I respond. He gives me a nod. "Please excuse us" says the other two men as the bow there heads.

Maximus turns me to face him and says "next time can you let me see your outfit before you come out in front of other men?" He asks while both of his arms are wrapped around my waist and his hands resting on my lower back. "Is something wrong with my choice of clothing?" I hope I didn't embarrass him or myself.

He gives me a smirk "everything is perfect my love, but in all honesty I must say I can not stand when other men admire your curves. Your mine, and I will not have them gawking at you." He stays looking at my lips and asks "you are mine, aren't you?"his voice full of lust. A nod and bite my lower lip. He comes down and kisses me feverishly, his tongue makes it's way into my mouth while our tongues are in sync with one another. There's heat coursing through my body. A strong pull wanting me to pull him closer, leaving no space in between us. Finding my mate is honestly exhilarating. I feel complete and free. I've been wanting to kiss him since the moment I saw him, he's shown me nothing but care and compassion. I pull him in by wrapping my arms around his neck, tasting his sweet, soft lips.

"Am I interrupting?"...

——————————-

Bam! 4 chapters out in one night. I honestly love writing this book. Please don't forget to comment,vote,share, and keep on reading. Love you all! Xo-C