Chapter 19- The Return

Mila-
I stand up and walk away from him, I'm numb emotionally. I can't find it in me to simply forgive him.
I need to face my demons on my own, I need to fight my own battles. I can smell his scent still lingering around me. He walks just a couple of steps behind me, till finally he says, "We won't give up Mila, We won't give up on us."
I stop walking and turn to face him, "I'm not asking you too, I just perhaps need time." I don't know anymore honestly.
He wraps his arms around me almost immediately, and inhales my scent. "Does this mean you'll come back home?" He asks with hope in his eyes.
"I can't do that, I understand that what happened was not your doing, but it happened at your hands. You still acted upon it. It'll take time for me to heal." I run my hands through my hair not knowing what to do with our close proximity. I hate that no matter what I still have a want and need for him.
I only knew him for close to a month and he treated me the best I've been treated but at the same the worst.
Lynn calls out to Jax. I just don't know if the bond i's to broken to repair. He caresses my face and I can't help but lean into his touch. He whispers near my ear with his warm minty breath "I miss you, please. I'll beg, I'll fall down on my knees, I'll kill a million men. If it means I get to have you back at home taking care of you." I hesitate how do I know something like this isn't going to happen again? So I ask "what can guarantee this won't happen again?" I ask while looking down at the floor. He has an intimidating look on his face and swallows hard.
"I'll instruct Adrian to help you get away if at anytime I attack or harm you in any way. If you decide to reject me, I'll accept. But I at least want a chance."
I can't help but agree, I know I shouldn't be so easy to forgive but I miss him. My days with out him have been torment, I was slowly loosing Lynn.
Going back to Jax was thrilling and feel right for her, it's what she wanted. He quickly ran back and I just walked behind while I was thinking of what words to say to Kyle.
So once we made it back I saw him, looking at me from the door of a home we shared. "Are you ok?!" He rushes toward me. His hands over my body checking for any
Wounds.
I hear Maximus give out a growl. I ignore it till I feel him shove Kyle away. Maximus is mad his wolf is at bay. "Get your hands off of my mate." He says in a firm tone, while standing in between us. "Maximus leave us, I need to talk to Kyle." He nods and turns around to give me a small peck on my checks.
Kyle looks at me with disbelief, but quickly recovers.
"I understand, he is your mate. Go ahead and try to make it work. I know if I was in your shoes I would." I didn't need to say any words he said all I needed to hear. I run up to him with tears streaming down my face. He's become a close friend to me.
I place my forehead on his and say "Thank you"
As I make my way downstairs I see Maximus waiting by his car.

As I'm walking towards him I hear him ask "ready?" With excitement and lust in his eyes

As I'm walking towards him I hear him ask "ready?" With excitement and lust in his eyes. He ran over to open the door for me, so I slid right in on the leather seats. He leans over and pulls me close, he digs his face in my neck and says "I've missed you."
———————————
We're doing amazing everyone! Keep it coming.
Add me on Instagram @crystalruzzo
Xo-C