Chapter 17-A Little To Late

"I was left broken, no love to give, want, or feel. I felt as if I wanted it all to end, have a drink to take my pain away, and then you came along." -CR
————————————

Mila-
I feel sadness deep within me, my wolf slowly losing a battle with her self, the life I've lived I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy. As we all turn to see the owner of the vicious statement I see him, and my heart shatters all over again. Except my madness has surfaced, "Guards! Escort this mutt off these premises! I spit out with disgust.

He looks at me with darkness filling his orbs. "I'm not going anywhere!" The owner of the voice states. Kyles makes his way towards me, wrapping his arm around my waist "What seems to be the issue Alpha Wylde?!, you come in here huffing and puffing the day of my ceremony?! Your disrespecting my pack, my territory?! I invi—"

Suddenly Maximus attacks Kyle knocking him over "I want my mate back! Get your grime hands off of my mate, she's mine!" I quickly stand in front of Kyle trying to calm him and turn around to face Maximus, "leave and never return." I said it with no truth, i wanted nothing more then to have him here if possible closer. I could see the hurt in his eyes, I just hope he didn't see the need in mine.

"I won't leave till I get to speak to you in private." I look at him dumbfounded, like I'd be that stupid again. He'd kill me, he'll finish why he started. Kyles entwined his hand with mine and responded "My Luna will go nowhere alone or near you!" He says loudly causing the pillars to tremble.

Maximus gives a wicked laugh, "look young pup, I will drag you to hell and back, I'll rip your throat out of your neck, and leave for your own pack to finish you off."

"So MY Luna will talk to me" his words sent electrifying sparks through my body, but I can fall for that, I won't let him affect me

I looked at him directly in the eye, I felt my heart breaking in two. I wanted to jump in his arms and act like all this never happened. I wanted to kiss his soft plump dusty Ross lips. But I kept my head high and my emotions tucked in deep inside and I responded with the little bit of strength I had left. "You must be delusional, leave." And with that I walked away.

I didn't dare turn back to even look at his face. I wouldn't let him see how severely Lynn was begging me to return. I wouldn't look over my shoulder to look him in the eyes, i couldn't give him the satisfaction.

I could hear his growl raising, his wolf at surface, his heart was erratic. I had to fight myself to keep moving. I went directly to my room and didn't speak to a soul. Our ceremony was ruined, I don't know what was coming next.

I hear someone at my door, "Mila, he's declared war! Why didn't you tell me your mate was that lunatic? He's crazy, insane even. He's destroyed packs larger then mine! He's known for his brutality." Kyle looked lost, I may even think scared. He looked like a deer in headlights.

I don't know how to comfort him. "He has his mate, what is his reason for this war? What did I do to him that was so terrible? I ran away! He beat me night and day, brought me towards death! If it wasn't for Adrian I would have died!" I shouted and broke down. I couldn't take this pain anymore. Why can't he just let me be. Just let me live my life? I'm running from my two assailants. I can't live like this, I won't let this pack take my punishment.

"I will go see what it is he wants, and we'll take it from there" I said in a hush tone. Kyle brings me into a hug. It's enough to bring my tears to a halt.

I quickly run out of my room and down the stairs, as I'm about to exit I feel someone pull me back, "we'll talk to him together" Kyle gives me a warm genuine smile.

—————————-
We're doing great people, 200+ reads! Keep um coming!