Christmas and Cousin

Alexis P.O.V

Its Christmas day. I’m upstairs sleeping. I can smell bacon being cooked downstairs. For me the smell is kind of soothing. I rolled out of bed I was walking out of my bed room and stopped in my tracks a familiar voice was coming from the kitchen. I walked down to see my mom’s sister Kendal and Tyson. They were all sitting at the table talking. “Well good morning, Sleepy head” My mom said with excitement. “ALEXIS” My aunt screamed and ran to hug me. It’s been 4 years since we seen each other. “Hey, Aunty Kendal”

“How are you?”

“I’m good, How are you? Where’s Jessie?” Jessie is my cousin. I and he were close like brother and sister. My mom and Kendal were pregnant at the same time. My mom and my aunt were half sisters. They have same mom different dads. My mom was half black half Italian. Kendal was half black half white. “Jessie is coming later he’s with his girlfriend and I’m fine”

“Good morning Tyson”

“Good Morning Alexis” The moment that I heard him doing my mom replayed in my head. I could feel my face heat up.

“So what’s going on here?” I asked

“Nothing” My mom said and continued “Our family is coming over for dinner so go get dressed and stuff so we can go out and get groceries”

“Really,”

“Yeah, go” I ran upstairs. I showered and put on a pair of skinny jeans and a black t-shirt. I ran downstairs. My mom was still sitting at the table with Aunty Kendal and Tyson. “Let’s go”

“Kay” My mom and Tyson got up at the same time. We were walking to the car when I heard her ask “Are you coming back for dinner? I want to introduce you”

“Yeah, I’m coming back” He kissed her on the cheek and got into his car. I acted like I was texting. I looked up and got in to the car. “I see you and Tyson are together”

“Yeah and we haven’t been on our date yet”

“Then why was he at our house?”

“I don’t know he just showed up”

“Ohkay” We got to the grocery store. We bought all our stuff. And went back home. When we walked in. I got tackled hugged from behind. Jessie was here. “LEXY”

“Jess”

“Hey Lexy”

“Hey Jessie”

“How are you?”

“I’m good do you have a boyfriend yet?”

“Wow Jessie” My mom cut in “Yeah she does, His name is Christian”

“MOM”

“It’s true, she does”

“Wow” We walked in to the kitchen and Mom gave us jobs. To make dinner I had to make the salads.  By6:00the whole dinner was set. All we had to do is set the table. My mom put out seating for 12 people.  We heard the door bell ring. It was my grandma and my Grandpa. Kendal’s New Boyfriend came. So did Tyson. My great grandma came and so did my. My Great aunt and her daughter. My other great aunt and her son came. The table was set and everybody came and sat down. Everybody was talking and I tuned them out and texted Christian

From: Alexis

To: Christian

 Merry Christmas Babe.

                             -Alexis

I got a reply 2mins later