Chapter Fifty Two: Not What I Envisioned

Night of the Play

Ana was talking to Kate put on her jewelry as she got ready to go to the play. "It was nice of you to buy Tamera that dress," Kate said as she look admired herself in the mirror. Ana knew that her best friend was toying with her. Ana had told Kate of her reservations of about Ted's relationship and she knew Kate thought she was crazy.

"Yeah, I'm making an effort," Ana said dryly. Kate turned around and glared at her friend. She was about to try for the millionth time to get through her cranium.

"Ana, you couldn't have picked someone better for Teddy to fall in love with." Ana frowned at Kate.

"Teddy never said he was in love with her!" Ana was indignant. Even though she knew that Teddy was quite infatuated with Tamera but she didn't think it was love. She had found solace in the fact this moment would pass.

"Ana I wish you'd open your eyes! Ted is in LOVE with Tam, and I can't blame him the girl is gorgeous, sweet, kind, highly intelligent, and talented. Plus, you know she'd not a gold digger because she quite loaded on her own.

"I know all of those things Kate!" Ana got up and paced.

"Well, I'm sorry because I just don't get it Ana. You're normal more logical than me and I think I'm seeing this more clearly than you. You like Tam you want her to work for you so what is the deal?" Kate sat on the bed and watched her friend carefully. She could tell that Ana was conflicted and felt bad for feeling the way she did.

"I just … when I envision Teddy with someone I don't see Tam. I think they are just asking for unnecessary trouble and I don't think it will last." Ana sighed and ran her fingers through the hair. "I don't think they should ruin their friendship with something that I'm sure won't last." Kate rolled her eyes and sucked her teeth.

"I think you're wrong Ana … you really need to let this one go."

"I'm trying! I've invited Tam's family over for the holidays! I've bought a dress and a Christmas gift for. I don't know what else to do."

"I know, I just want to remind you that Teddy isn't your little baby anymore Honey. You have to ask yourself will you truly ever be happy with anyone he picks. Come on let's head downstairs.

Everyone had made their way downstairs except for Ted and Blane. They had went out shopping earlier and came back late so they were making everyone late. Tam was sitting with Phoebe as she showed her something on her phone. Phoebe could tell that something big was on Tam's mind, something that almost had her in tears. After a moment Blane came down fully dressed.

"Uh, Ted is up there puking. He said he doesn't think he's going to be able to make it and to head out without him." Tam got up to check on him but Ana had already hustled up the stairs. She plopped back down in her seat. Tam looked toward the stairs and her eyes started to water.

"Tam?" Tamera looked in Phoebe's Grey eyes and grabbed her hand and led her out the front doors. Once the door closed behind the girls, Tam burst into tears and sobbed in Phoebe's arms.

"Shhh Shhh, Tam it's going to be okay," Phoebe rubbed Tam's back. Teddy had mentioned Tam's panic attacks but she never seen her have one. She didn't know what to do the poor girl was crying hysterically. "Do you need your Dad? Teddy? Tell me what you need? What do you want me to do?" Tam tried, really tried to calm herself enough to speak.

"I need your help," she struggled to talk. Tam wiped her tears and straightened her dress. "I … I have to go home … I need your help." Tam's voice was so tiny and she couldn't look Pheebs in the eyes.

"What are you talking about Tam you just got here?"

"I'm not welcome … I don't want to be anywhere I'm not welcome," Tam explained and Phoebe was still confused.

"What are you talking about Tam? You Ted wants you here and I want you here," Phoebe retorted with her hands on her hips. Tam just shook her head she didn't want to explain she just felt like she had to run. She needed to remove herself from the hurt.

"My decision is made I've already bought the ticket. I thought this through, this is what's best for everyone … and Teddy." Tamera pulled out a piece of paper that had been folded several times. "I need you to give this to Teddy once I'm gone. I'll contact my family once on the plane."

"So what are you going to spend Christmas alone? Tam this is craziness," Phoebe mumbled as she looked down at the paper. "I won't give him this you need to talk to him!" Tam shook her head.

"I can't," her tears started once more and both girls looked as the taxi pulled up. Tam hugged Phoebe tightly. "Please tell him I'm sorry okay? Tell him," Tam ran towards the Taxi she only had her purse with her. As soon as Tam got into the cab she was overwhelmed with her tears once more.

"TAM, TAMERA WAIT!" Phoebe yelled as she watched taxi drive off and Tamera runaway. Phoebe ran her hands through her hair.

"What the hell happened?" She knew one way to find out she opened the letter that she Tam had written to Ted. She sat down on bench and read the letter thoroughly she couldn't believe what she was reading and even though to understood why Tam left she still thought she stayed.