Ch. 17;All the animosity

Hey you guys, how are you doing?
*****

                **Karrueche Pov**

"Mama, I'm here!" I shouted through the house to let my mother know that I had arrived at the house. I had been planning to leave Chris a few weeks after he started to beat me and I had just suceeded a few days after his birthday but I couldn't do it all alone, I had a little help from one or two of my friends.

"Oh great baby, I'm so glad to see you." She said coming into the living room rubbing her hands on a towel, maybe she is about to cook or something I thought to myself. I hadn't really seen my mother in a while, but it wasn't too long ago, but I didn't care I ran up to her like it was going to be my last time being able to touch her.

"What's wrong baby?" She asked me.

"Nothing, why?" I asked her. "Oh nothing don't worry about it, hand me your bags child." She started to reach out for my bags until I walked right past her with them in my hands cause there was no way that I was about to let her carry them for me.

"Are you going to cook anything for me?" I asked her once I had gotten into my old room and put my bags down. "Already cooked and fixed your plate it's on the table whenever you get ready to eat, I'm going to go lay down baby." She informed me as she stood in the doorway of the room.

"Alright mom I love you." I told her as I walked over to her and planted a kiss on her cheek before going into the kitchen to sit down at the table. I silently blessed the food and then I dug in, I wasn't really hungry so I didn't finish everything.

Once I was up from the table I gave my leftover food to my mom's dog and then pulled out my phone to call Jhene. The phone rung multiple times before she finally answered,

"Hello." She answered.

"Are you with Chris?" I asked rolling my eyes, deep down inside I was still in love with him even though he put me through so much bullshit on a daily basis.

"No, I sent him home earlier, I was just helping Namiko pack her bags, girl she is moving with her uncle today." She said cheerfully.

"Aw that's nice, but have you done it yet?" I asked her referring to our plan.

"I really want to, but I don't think I want to get him first."

"Why not?"

"He is too nice and I don't feel comfortable doing it just yet, maybe if he does something wrong to me then I just might."

"Do you even remember the things I told you when we were hanging out?"

"Yea, I know you said he used to beat you and all but he just doesn't seem like the type to do that, I mean I want to believe you but Chris is just too nice." She tried to explain to me.

"Jhene listen to me, if you don't handle him then I will do it myself!" I sternly said to her.

"Alright K dang, Imma get on it as soon as I can but I have to go now." She said and then hung not giving me a chance to say anything.

         **Michael Pov**

After what happened last night I didn't speak to Chyna I didn't even sleep with her last night, I went into King's room and got into the twin size bed in his room. This morning she had made breakfast for herself. I had fed King, bathed him, and spent a little time with him while I was at the house, even though he wasn't my son I still wasn't going to treat him like shit cause he didn't ask to be here and I had spent so much time taking care of him that I actually felt as if he was mine.

   I didn't stay at the house long though so I made sure that King was comfortable in the playroom while Chyna was cleaning up around the house. I had left the house so that I could go to library. It didn't take me long at all to get to the local library luckily it was just right down the street from our house.