08:10

C H A P T E R  F O R T Y - F O U R

Gab Soon left to buy some drinks, so it was only Se Jun and I. His presence reminded me of what Chaewon told me the other day. 'But you also need to make up with Se Jun.'

Heaving a heavy sigh, I reluctantly gave him a flinty side glance. Recollecting my courage, I finally spoke, "Do you.. hate me?"

"Well isn't this so sudden." A soft chuckle escaped from his lips as he casted me a brief look. "Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?" He quietly laughed while his hand massaged his now wrinkled forehead. "I don't get it. Why do you hate me so much?"

His eyes showed sincerity when he asked. I couldn't help but have this weird feeling at the pit of my stomach. stomachache? no. Guilt? Most probably.

"I'm sorry," the words tumbled out of my mouth slowly. Se Jun didn't have a respond to that, other than a closed mouth. "I know we haven't been in good terms but that's only because I didn't like letting people into my life so easily."

"Why the sudden change then?" he asked quietly, jerking his head in my direction. He kept his gaze steady on me and waited, as if he knew I wanted to say more.

"Originally, Chaewon wanted me to fix this family issue," I brushed it off with a false laugh. I paused thoughtfully, as I intended to choose my next words very carefully before speaking again."But then, I realised that I've held this grudge for so long, I almost forgot I had a family to begin with. I admit I didn't like it when you and your mom came into my life. It's as if you're replacing my mom and I. So thought that, if I shut you out, I could wash away the hurt I felt. But instead, it just got worse."

"I'm sorry if you felt that way," his voice cracked, with a hint of sorrow. "I didn't mean to ruin your family. I'm really sorry, Taehyung."

"I should be the one apologising." I lowered my gaze and stiffened my body. "I'm the one to blame. If only I had accepted you and your mom before, we wouldn't have to deal with a bigger issue and Chaewon wouldn't even be here," my words stretched into a soft silence.

She wouldn't have to deal with me either..

"I forgive you."

I snapped my head at Se Jun and the corner of my lips quirked up into a wide smile. "Thank you— hyung," I chuckled. "Thank you.."

.
.
.

# S O T D

❝I’m this messed up because of you
can you stop, I don’t have you anymore
I can’t do this, it seems like something
please don’t make things like excuses.❞

— I NEED U.