T H R E E

❥❥❥

❥❥❥

TO SAY THAT I was beyond surprised that Seth agreed to help me would be the understatement of the century.

It still confused me as to why he would agree but the nonetheless I refrained from asking him.

Now that he'd agreed, I had no idea what was meant to happen or how I was supposed to approach the situation.

All I knew was that Seth agreed to help me and that part of the plan was complete.

It was the morning of the 15th of May and I had forced myself to get up and out of bed in order to get ready for school.

What I hadn't expected was to walk outside and find Seth waiting in the drivers seat of his car, cigarette in hand, windows rolled down.

It was him being parked outside my house that was surprising, not him smoking; that was a normal occurrence.

Furrowing my brows as a gentle breeze swept past me, I strode towards the car, my bag perched high over my shoulder.

Seth's eyes glanced at my nearing figure then shifted away and he unlocked the car door.

Taking this as a sign to get in, I sucked in a breath of air. "Hey." I smiled up at him, waiting for a reply.

"Morning." He briefly uttered as he puffed out a cloud of smoke. The car jerked forwards into a steady but brisk drive.

"What are you doing here?" I quizzed, watching his expression carefully.

Raising a perfect brow, Seth's eyes met my own and then he licked his lips and spoke. "The plan? Remember? I assume you wanted to begin with it as soon as possible, so why not today..."

Biting my lip as I processed his words, I found myself nodding in agreement. "Yeah, that's true." I said softly.

Seth tapped the end of the cigarette against the window and tiny pieces of ash dispensed into the air.

Not looking down, his long slender fingers went straight for the packet and plucked out another, lighting the tip and then briefly closing his eyes as he breathed in.

The minute his lips parted, another cloud of smoke appeared, sending me into a coughing frenzy.

This caught Seth's attention. Him and I locked eyes and without uttering a single word, he shifted his eyes to the not-nearly-finished cigarette that was placed between his fingers and then he chucked it out the window.