T W E L V E

❥❥❥

❥❥❥

THIS WAS ALL so cliché. From the moment Seth parked his stunning steel bike near a bare landing to the moment he'd smiled down at me and nodded, gesturing for me to follow him, only to lead me to a sight for sore eyes.

It was beautiful. A cliff loomed over the whole town, with nothing but the lights below to illuminate the dark that suddenly began to spread. The sky was stunning too. Rich oranges mixed with light pinks were the kind of colour combination in which I'd never imagined would look so wonderful together, but much like Seth, it had exceeded my expectations.

Seth was the first to sit down. His long legs swung back and forwards like a bored child and I soon found myself joining him. My hand lay inches away from his but I was far too mesmerised by the view to notice.

We'd spent the entire day together and every moment was became a fleeting memory which I just knew I'd cherish. Laughs and bright smiles were exchanged and the feelings of freedom mixed with excitement surged within. I owed it all too Seth.

"How'd you find this place?" I breathed out, my eyes scanning over the view once again and admiring the way the colours in the sky became more vibrant. Seth cleared his throat and leaned back against the palms of his hands. "I've never been here before, actually." He told me, his eyes locked on the town below.

My gaze averted to him and I couldn't help but raise a brow. "So how did you find it?" Seth grinned at my words and then he nudged me playfully. "I just kept driving until I felt like I should stop." He told me and I admired the thought greatly.

I swept a stray strand of my brown hair behind my ear and grinned. "You're the expert in 'living it up' then I see." Seth's lips curled upwards at this and he shook his head, turning to stare down at me.

"Life's too short." He began. "I fully believe in living life to the fullest." He finished off his statement and I admired that too. "And look where that got us." Seth told me, raising an arm and gesturing to the sky above. "-this beautiful place."

He was right. We should live life to the fullest and I couldn't believe that it took me this long to realise such a thing. But I was glad that I had now. "So what made you realise that?" I didn't need to elaborate. Seth was smart enough to understand what I was asking and with a sigh, he looked down.

"My mom." I never thought that two words could carry so much weight, but they had. Seth's playful demeanour had vanished, only to be replaced by pure grief. I hated seeing him like that.

"She's not doing too well." I allowed the silence to confort him before he could carry on. I thought speaking would only do him worse. "She's got problems-drugs, alcohol-you name it. I'm trying to get her the help she needs but it's so hard. Especially when she won't accept my help. She's got this boyfriend, Derek. He's a real b*stard, you know. Treats her like sh*t and I hate him for it. It doesn't help when she's so far gone and messed up in the head that she believes he actually cares for her. All he wants is the money I work hard to provide her with." I could hear the way his heart broke when he spoke about it and I did the only thing I could in this moment and placed my hand upon his.