T H I R T E E N

❥❥❥

❥❥❥

THE SMILE ON my face caused Olivia to raise a questioning brow. But instead of asking what the cause was, she simply grinned and I couldn't have been more grateful.

I myself was unsure as to what brought upon such joy, but I didn't question it. Maybe it was because Caleb was next to me, his arm resting around me as he pulled me into his side and laid a peppering kiss upon my forehead, or maybe it was the way Seth was sat before us, attempting his maths homework which was due next period.

I shook my head in amusement and watched intently the way he scrunched his nose up in irritation and gripped the pen tightly within his grasps. If it weren't for the scornful look he'd send my way, I'd have burst out into laughter and tell him how cute he looked. But, I knew boys and I knew how butt hurt they got when they were called cute by girls. I personally didn't see the problem but chose not to dote on the issue.

"Need some help?" I offered him and Seth finally looked up, his eyes locking with my own. Shifting his gaze to Caleb who suddenly became tense, Seth grinned and leaned back in his chair, then teasingly patted the space next to him.

Nudging Caleb gently, I sent him a small smile but frowned when he didn't seem like he was letting go anytime soon. "Caleb." I mumbled when he tightened his hold on me. "Seth needs me." I told him, eyeing the way Caleb glared at me. I couldn't understood what the problem was.

If the roles were reserved, he wouldn't think about it for a second before jumping to Kate's aid. But since it was me, he seemed to have a problem with it. The thought had angered me. All it took was one discrete but rough shove, for Caleb to retract his arm.

I shot up from my seat and rounded the table, meeting Seth's side. "What are you stuck on?" Seth sheepishly grinned before sliding the paper to the side, allowing me to read over his answers.

A shrill of laughter escaped my lips when I'd realised he hadn't wrote a single answer. "What am I going to do with you, Seth?" I tutted and shook my head. He shrugged his shoulders and rested his head against his palm.

"Hopefully a lot because at this rate I'm going to f*cking fail." Again, I couldn't help but laugh. His crude words always seemed to have such an effect on me and I didn't even know why.

When Caleb swore, I flinched or allowed my face to morph into a look of distaste but for some reason, when Seth had done it, the exact opposite had happened. Swearing was his one way of expressing humour and apart of me was glad that he hadn't hidden that away from me because even he knew how much I disliked hearing such tainted words.