S E V E N T E E N

❥❥❥

❥❥❥

I'D NEVER FELT so awkward standing before Seth like I did just now. There was never a situation that made me feel that way and yet somehow, I had landed myself in the very middle of one.

"Want a drink?" Was the first thing that came to mind. Forcing it past my lips, I watched as Seth nodded and stuffed his hands into the pockets of his trousers.

He took a few long strides and now stood beside me, his broad shoulder brushing against my own as he bent down and reached out behind me, fishing in the bucket of ice for a drink that would satisfy any of his cravings.

The rustling of the ice was loud and firm and I couldn't help but shiver as the scent of his cologne wafted past my nostrils and created a bursting sensation within. Maybe it was the alcohol, or the setting around us, but I felt a sudden surge of confidence as my hand traveled up towards his arm and my fingers wrapped around him.

"Would you like to dance?" Gesturing towards the door that led to the main area of the house which was flooded with slightly wasted bodies, I watched as a flash of uncertainty vanished from Seth's brown eyes. He nodded and didn't utter a single world, allowing me to lead him out of the room.

It was a friendly suggestion and didn't have any underlying meaning, so you can imagine my surprise when we began to dance and I could suddenly feel the way my heart began to pound against my chest rapidly. The hand that held Seth's tingled as our fingers intertwined and our proximity lessened.

A smile strung across my lips as I sucked in a breath of air. Seth stood so close to me yet so far. I could feel his minty breath wafting down the sides of my face and I only wished that he were closer. I hadn't a clue what was happening-but what I did know was that I didn't want it to stop.

Our eyes locked and I swear it felt as though my heart had jumped out from my chest in a dramatic leap. I could feel the heat rise in my cheeks and suddenly, it felt as though everything around us had disappeared. I'd never felt this way before. Not even with Caleb and that very thought sent my thoughts racing like cars around a track.

Seth's hands met with the side of my hip and travelled down until it rested dangerously low on my body. My eyes shifted to stare down at where his hand was resting firmly and I immediately met with Seth's fiery orbs once again. Noticing that I hadn't voiced any distaste to his actions, he allowed his other hand to follow suit.

The distance between us was practically gone as our bodies pressed up against each other in ways that sent electrifying shocks throughout my whole body. Not a word was uttered and at this moment, I didn't want anything to disturb what had suddenly began to happen. The worst part of it all was that I didn't want it to stop.

Seth stared into my eyes and my heart skipped a beat. I couldn't remember the last time my heart had done that, but it had and I wanted to love it so bad. I also wanted him to kiss me too and that alone was a horrible thing to think. The easiest thing to do was blame it on the alcohol, but I knew that deep down, I would know the truth.

I found myself leaning into his touch and accepting that we were moments away from carrying out an act that was essentially forbidden, but I didn't care. I didn't want to care.

"Rory..." He breathed out as he seized his movements and closed his eyes for a brief moment. The next moment happened in a blur and I had frozen in my spot as from the corner of my eye I spotted a figure bolting towards Seth and I with furious eyes and before I could register what was happening, Seth was on the ground with an insanely rabid Caleb barrelling fiery punches at him.

The music came to a halt and everyone had suddenly sobered up at the sight of the two boys on the ground, throwing punches at each other. Seth threw Caleb off of him and began to fight back even harder than Caleb had. Screaming for someone to stop them, I stood with wide eyes and a heaving a chest.

"That's my girlfriend you prick." Caleb shouted as Seth pushed him once they'd clambered up to their feet.

"Really? You don't seem to treat her like it." Seth voiced back, dodging a punch that Caleb flung his way. Seth glared at Caleb with sharp eyes and threw the next punch that was more successful that any of Caleb's.

"She doesn't want you, Seth. She wants me." That was enough to have Seth lunging for Caleb and throwing him to the ground for another series of strong blows to the face.

A few moments later, four boys had jumped in and successfully pulled them apart. Seth stood on one side of the room, held back by three guys and Caleb remained on the ground with a bruised up cheek and a few cuts.

Looking between the two, I could feel both of their eyes on me and then I walked towards one of them, sensing the hurt look that simmered in Seth's eyes as I bent down and took Caleb's face into my hands.

"Stay away from her." Caleb barked as I helped him up and led him to the front door.

Biting my lip as Caleb and I walked away, I realised that what Seth and I had been doing was wrong and if Caleb hadn't interrupted, it would've been so much worse. I felt beyond guilty and thought that I should do right by Caleb by going to him. Besides, he was my boyfriend.

But what hurt a thousand times more was that it wasn't Caleb I wanted to go to...it was Seth.

❥❥❥

Did you like the chapter?
Let me know in the comments!