Chapter 4

Hazel's POV

Nash and I laid in bed together waiting for my parents to leave for work. Nash was texting someone on his phone but I didn't pay that much attention to it. I snuggled into his side. I use to like him before he ran away. I think I still have feelings for him but I need to push them away because I don't know if he going to stay in North Carolina for long.

After 30 minutes my parents finally left for work. I honestly wanted to start talking again, but everytime I open my mouth the word just never comes out. I sat up and looked Nash. I opened my mouth. I need to speak. I closed my mouth and opened it again. Still no words. I saw hope in Nash's eyes. I need to do this. I felt tears building up but I try to hold them back, but I fail miserably. Nash sits up and gives me a hug. I grabbed my notebook and wrote

I want to talk again

Nash smiled sadly and says "We're going to make sure you do. I promise." I smiled at him. Then out of no where we heard a loud bang causing me to jump. He laughed a little. He got up and walked out of my room. I wanted to follow him but I feel like I shouldn't.

I waited for a minute and Nash finally came back. He smiled. He moved out of the doorway and a guy walked in. It was Hayes. I smiled and ran to him giving him a huge hug. I missed him. He was like my little brother. Then I heard a loud cough. I looked up and my eyes widen. It was Matthew. My best friend from Virginia.

Nash's POV

Hazel looked so happy. She mentioned Matthew before and I automatically knew it was him. He used to talk about her too. She ran to his arms and he spun her around. I felt...jealous? No, Nash...She doesn't like you, and I can't like her. I can't put her or anyone else in danger. "Um Nash?" I hear Hayes say "Huh what?" I asked. Matthew and Hayes laugh. Then I felt arms wrap around me. I look down and see Hazel. I smiled and hugged her back. She is basically as tall as Hayes so I was able to put my chin on top of her head and she snuggled into my chest. Then I heard a quiet "Thank you." My eyes widen. Was that Hazel?

A/N:AWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Hazel and Nash are soo cute omg

TUMBLR:
http://cassidy-oneal.tumblr.com
MAIN INSTA:@ ccaaasssiiddyy
TWITTER: @ cassidyoneall