IV - We had a bonding moment!

After turning the video off, the prince turned to look at his captive. All Lance saw was fury and rage. The young teen was terrified, the only time he ever sees that look is when his father was mad. The paladin was confused as Lotor's face changed, into a merciful caring look. The prince slowly walked over to the paladin, who hadn't noticed the tears falling down his own face. "Hey, those people, they aren't your team anymore, okay. They don't deserve you. Do you understand me?" the prince understood that Lance was not in the best mindset right now, and that the best thing for him would likely be for someone to just hold him and remind him that he is cared for. "Lance, is it alright for me to come near you?" The prince waited for Lance to say yes until he sat next to him, the younger one leaning softly on the prince's shoulder. "Lance, what do humans eat? I have heard that you need sustenance to survive, and I wanted to make sure we have something you like to eat."

"I like my mom's garlic knots and her mangonada." The paladin whispered so quietly, that Lotor practically missed it.

"Garlic knots? What are those?" Upon hearing this, the paladin discovered an untapped source of energy that he used to sit up and gape at the Galran prince, "You mean to tell me that you have traveled the entire known universe, but have never eaten garlic knots? They are literally the best food ever! They are like little rolls, twisted into a knot shape, with a warm, brown, crunchy crust, with hot, soft, inside. All of this covered in a warm, buttery glaze, with a hint of garlic and a dash of Parmesan. I really miss them. My mom, and my sister, and both of my brothers. Anytime my father was out, probably with a new whore from the club, we'd celebrate our night of freedom with garlic knots."

"Come here" Lotor motioned with his hand for Lance to sit in his lap, and the paladin did just that, all curled up, while Lotor reminisced over a time when his parents were as loving and caring as any could be, and then their decent into madness, until he finished with the death of his mother, and the loss of his true, loving, father.

They all sat there in silence for what felt like Vargas, but was truly merely dobashes. With Lance feeling safe, Lotor feeling whole, and all his generals feeling pride at their master for finding joy in a person. It was silent, but not awkward, which made it awkward when Zethrid had to break the silence to tell the prince that they had arrived at the Galran central command.

This is when everything came crashing down on Lance, he had been captured, he was going to be chained up, he was going to be forced to fight in the gladiator arena, he was going to be tortured for information he didn't have. And that's when he ran. All he knew was that he couldn't stay there any longer, they would surly kill him.

"Hey, now, we won't hurt you. It's okay Lance, you are one of us. We were going to offer you a spot on my team of generals; would you like to be my personal sharpshooter? I can help save you and you can help save me, we can be good for each other." it was a truly pitiful sight, the rightful heir to the Galran empire begging the enemy, but he just couldn't lose this human, not now. When Lotor realized that lance was still sheepish, he tried even harder, "Come on, I thought we bonded? I cradled you in my arms!" The prince had tears in his eyes, holding his arms out. But Lance couldn't take it, especially not with the line that the prince used, drawing up all sorts of memories, good and bad. All his body would let him do was what it had decided was its only coping mechanism. 

Lance, exiled blue paladin and sharpshooter of Voltron, fainted. The last thing he saw was Lotor with a single tear down his face, and then everything went dark.