XV - He'd be a dead man

Lotor climbed out of his ship, looking around the desolate place left behind from when the Galra tried to take over. Pitiful, that's what it was. Lotor looked around, and knew that he was not welcome here.

He took one glance around the planet, it was rather small and covered in sand, Lance had told him of something similar on Earth, a desert. He looked and found the mountains nearby, and went on with his quest.

Lotor was unbelievably tired upon arriving to his destination, a large cave with many markings on the walls. These markings were both beautiful, and terrifying. They were created by the natives to this planet, a beautiful people, whom were friends with the beast inside. They were typically a pale yellow color, with freckles of brown down along their backs. There was little difference in gender, the only main physical difference being that the females typically had their long, golden hair grow out.

Lotor had a sudden wave of anger wash over him. It was his father's fault; his father was the one who sent this beautiful species extinct.

The prince took a deep breath and continued walking. He felt wrong, he knew this was wrong. He looked around, and saw the memories of a species long gone, and then he saw it, two small handprints. He put his hand over one, and muttered to himself, "I'm sorry, Iozrfta, I'm so sorry, I was too late. I listened to you though, I moved on, I did, I found a nice boy, he is kind, caring, cute, and most of all, he doesn't want the war to be like this anymore. I'm sorry, Iozrfta, I am." Lotor knew he was being selfish, this mission was double sided, he not only wanted to get the sap for Lance, but he needed peace with his ex-lover, his first true love. Whom his father murdered in cold blood.

Lotor stood and continued walking down the corridor to get the sap. He has walked down this road many times with Iozrfta by his side, but never has he gone down alone. If Lotor was honest with himself, he would say that he was scared. The great beast that holds this sap safe is not friendly to outsiders. Lotor shivered, as he remembered the primary diet of this creature.

Lotor reached the end of the long hallway, and stood in the dimly lit doorway, looking out into the bright room which held the beautiful beast.

The beast was a massive dragon, easily the size of the Galra headship. She was beautiful, with a primary white color and a translucent sheen of gold over her body. She had the type of body that screamed grace and dominance. Her head was easily as tall as Lotor's whole ship, with eyes as large as Lotor was tall.

Lotor was terrified to look into the great beasts eyes, for he knew that if he saw any anger, he'd be a dead man. But he knew that his lover needed the sap. So the prince of the Galran Empire took a knee. "Dear great dragon Belleaor, please, have mercy on my humble soul, please, I need your great sap, for my close friend is close to death. I need this from you, so please, I beg of you, please give me the sap."

Lotor looked up to see the dragon's eyes, and instead of seeing hatred, he saw love, and care, from the great dragon. "Of course, my young one."