XVII - That was the last time

Lotor looked up at his fathe- sperm donor, and felt fear. Zarkon was alive and very much well. This could only mean that they took Allura off of the medication.

"I woke up, and found that my rare medicine was being re-routed to the Princess of Altea. Did you have anything to do in this?"

Lotor, knowing not to speak, respectfully nodded his head to his fathe- sperm donor. Lotor feared for his life, if Zarkon was mad, he could smash the prince's ship into oblivion with the single push of a button, and Lotor knew he would. "My dear Emperor Zarkon of the entire known universe, I had no idea of your medicine being re-routed, I merely heard word it was running out, so I came here to retrieve more for you." Lotor was lying through his teeth, but he knew his father would fall for it.

Or would he?

Lotor looked up, expecting to see pride on his father's face for taking care of him, but he was greeted with hatred.

"You dare feel pity for me? You feel enough pity for me to destroy the only source of sap keeping me alive? You are no son of mine."

Lotor saw his father's hand reach up, and land on a button. The next thing he saw a bright purple blast coming straight for him.

Lance was still in the medical bay, hearing the dripping of Allura's IV, knowing Lotor would return with what she needed to stay alive. Lance trusted Lotor, he trusted the prince more than he'd ever trusted another being, so when the prince promised to return, Lance knew he would.

Lance laid his head down next to Allura's hand, feeling a rush of serenity hit him, making him feel calm, the calm before the storm.

Lance sat up when he felt a soft gush of wind float by. He then noticed a slight pain in his chest, growing, growing, growing, growing, and then boom, lance felt as if a bullet had been shot through his heart. While screaming for help, Lance started coughing. He looked down at his hands, only to see large chunks of a dark, deep red covering his hands, strings slowly falling from in between his fingers. The sight made him vomit, but all he could vomit was more blood. Lance knew he would die. This was it, this was his death.

Lance blinked and found himself in his room, drenched in water. He looked to see Ezor washing him off, wearing all black.

"Ezor, where am I? What happened?"

The pink Alien looked solemnly at the paladin, before saying the words that would forever change the way that Lance lived, "Lotor was murdered, you, being his soulmate and enjoying water, were doomed to death of drowning, seeing no water nearby, your body tried to drown itself in blood. Acxa and Zethrid helped me wash you off, but please never go anywhere unattended, we do not know when the anti-blood medicinal herbs will wear off."

Lance barley interpreted what had been said. Lotor was dead and his body was trying to drown itself. Lance then went into shock, passing out after a few moments.

That was the last time he'd ever sleep peacefully.