XIV - drip drip drip

'

'Drip, drip, drip, drip, drip, drip, drip, drip, drip, drip'

Lance sat in the health bay; he could hear the IV dripping into Allura's bloodstream. Lance couldn't forgive himself. Allura's condition was unstable. The medication that the druids have is not enough to keep her alive for very much longer.

Lotor was worried for his lover's health. The dripping of the IV was driving him insane. Lotor hadn't meant for Lance to find out, but the IV is connected to Allura's heart, and as long as her heart beat, the IV would drip. Lotor was explaining the science to Ezor, who didn't quite understand it, and Lance happened to hear.

Lance hasn't gone out of earshot of the IV since then.

The druids have been talking to Lotor about Allura's health, and the medicine they're keeping her on is running low, and is extremely difficult to acquire. Evidently even Haggar hadn't been able to do it successfully; the witch was now on her death bed, along with her husband. He took one last slash at his training dummy before turning and walking to the health bay. He knew it was a suicide mission, but he knew lance cared for Allura, and that he should help in any way possible.

He went to the health bay and looked at Lance, all he saw was a frame of bones, and he had dark circles under his bloodshot eyes. Lotor knew he hadn't eaten in ages, clearly only eating nibbles when he found himself in pain from not eating. Lotor walked over and gave lance a hug, whispering a quick 'goodbye' before turning and walking away, leaving a sleep deprived, starving, suffering lance alone.

Lotor sit in his chair, looking over the dash of his ship, feeling the warmth of the leather, not from Kalteneker, radiating around his body, then he was off.

Lance sat on Allura's bedside, watching her peaceful face as she breathed, as she lived, no, survived. Lance knew she was not likely to make it. But he had hope. He had hope that there'd be a miracle that everything could go back to normal. Then he remembered his friend, he saw hunks pale face, covered in scars. He felt sick to his stomach, he then heard more drips.

'Dri-drip, dri-drip, dri-drip, dri-drip, dri-drip, dri-drip'

Lance looked and didn't see any new bags in her IV, and then he rubbed his eyes, trying to get rid of the blurry gloss covering it. He pulled his hands away to find that they were, wet? Lane looked down to see wet stains all along the princess bed. He'd been crying.