XVIII - We don't have fancy doors here on Earth

Lance awoke to a soft knocking on his door. He sat up to see Acxa standing in the doorway, with a worried look on her face. Lance looked at her hands to see a tray with food. The pink alien walked over and the tray down in front of him. Lance had a slight chuckle at noticing how the tray levitated slightly, noting how it didn't bother him anymore, and how going back home would feel stone-age. Lance looked at the tray and saw that there was food on it, at least he thought it was food, and saw that there was a glass of a cloudy liquid. "Hey Acxa, what is this liquid? It looks kind of like watered down milk." Lance gently poked the glass before looking up at Acxa expectantly. "I - it- you- um- its, uh, it's a drink! Called... Magyar! From, a planet, very far away, called, um, Mag! This is a, holy drink! The people say, that it, um, helps the person be... happier?" The pink alien was flailing around and sweating the entire time. Lance looked at the alien, who had frozen in an awkward position, and laughed, choking out a simple, 'okay' between breaths. The alien visibly relaxed when she saw the boy take a sip, then stiffened yet again as the boy looked up, stating that it felt familiar. Acxa stood for a moment, before saying the drinks happiness quality, it had a familiar taste. Lance nodded before looking down and drinking the rest, claiming he'd drunken too much to want to eat, and that he'd rather just go to sleep. The alien nodded, walking out. She didn't turn off the lights, knowing that Lance will need them.

Lance woke up, the world was spinning. He looked out the window and saw the beauty and amazing colors of his street. He was home. He stood up and ran straight to the door, running right at it. He received a harsh reminder that technologies different here, when the door did not open on its own. "Oh, yeah, we don't have fancy doors here on Earth, and much less in Cuba." He stood back up rubbing his head, then he went downstairs, immediately seeing his mother, he ran up to her and gave her a big hug, saying a quick 'I love you' before running to the front door and running down the busy Cuban street to the beach, immediately running to the water and laying down in the soft, wet sand, feeling the water through his toes, feeling the warm sun beating down on his face, hearing the sound of people around him running around and conversing amongst themselves. He felt at peace, at home. There was no universal war; there was no Zarkon, no giant lions, no Keith to harass him, jus Lance, and his peaceful places. He sat up and thought about going to his favorite place.

Lance stood in the middle of a clearing in the forest. There was a small river going through, being fed by a large waterfall. Lance sat down and ran his fingers through the soft stream. He used to sit here, right in this spot, with his sister Mariposa. He laughed as a memory flowed through his mind. A memory of how his sister punched a guy in the face once, all for calling her Mari. That was his little sister. Lance looked up at the waterfall, and he mellowed out. "Maybe I should go say hey to Mariposa." He stood up and walked out of the forest, surprised to find a car with his older brother in it. "Get in mi hermanito, were going to see her aren't we, Mari?" Lance mumbled a quiet '-pose' under his breath before getting in. Anton was the eldest, and he held all of his younger siblings to that. "Were here." Lance looked up to see that they were, in fact, there. Lance muttered a soft 'Thanks' before stepping out of the car, a fancy '63 Cadillac. Lance then stood at the entrance gate, looking inside and seeing all of the low rising stumps. He walked his usual path, trying to get to the grave that was marked 'Mariposa Lucia McClain, found dead on a river bank, aged 10' Lance stopped when he saw to grave markers, he walked up to them and suddenly everything was spinning, and he got a massive headache. He didn't know how, but once everything cleared and he looked at where he was, he was on the Balmera. It wasn't a '63 Cadillac, it was a speeder. Most importantly, the passenger wasn't his older brother, it was Lotor. His lover was standing right there, but he wasn't alone. Lance could hardly recognize the man, but the overpowering aura around him that screamed the exact words that Lance mumbled out of his mouth, "Zarkon."