VI - I can't just stay here

It has been 3 weeks since Lance was stolen from the team, and the effect was staggering. the kitchens always had piles of food, just waiting to be eaten, Shiro and Allura were working with Coran non-stop to try and find lance, and Pidge never slept, she found out that a few ticks in a sleep pod is an entire nights sleep. Keith seemed content.

Hunk was getting aggravated with Keith. How could he have just given away Lance? Lance was his best friend, and the team was falling apart due to his selfishness.
Keith was training when he heard the princess over the coms calling all paladins to the bridge. Keith sighed, and canceled his training, while dissipating his Bayard to walk to the bridge. When he got there, he was surprised to see everyone looked sad, except for Hunk. Hunk wasn't there, which confused Keith to no end, due to the teenagers worrying of his best friend, he was almost always the first to the bridge. "Where's hunk?" The princess' reply sounded half-hearted, as if she just wanted to lie down and sleep, but this was clearly urgent. "That's why I've called you all here. Hunk has gone missing, along with an escape pod from hallway 649n. We have reason to believe he went to find Lance. Keith, he left you a letter." Allura held a piece of white paper, with Keith's name written on the front. Keith opened it up to read it, and almost began to cry. 

Hunk had left knowing it was a suicide mission alone, but that he needed his friend. The other paladins were confused when Keith crumpled up the note and threw it across the room. "Cancel all searching for lance; we need to focus on finding Hunk." There was silence as the paladins went to work.

It has been several phoebes since hunk went missing, and the paladins still had no lead. Everyone was beginning to question whether or not they would ever find him. Keith was busy reminiscing over his friend when he was interrupted from his thoughts, "We found him! Paladins to your lions now!" Keith was confused by the urgency, but one glance out the window explained all of it. All he could see was purple. He quickly turned right to his lion, to save his last friend.
The battle was heated, especially with no Voltron. The three remaining lions all went out and fought, while looking for the castles escape pod. "He should be on the other side of that cruiser, I'm going to cloak and get a look, maybe grab him if I can, we need to extract and run." The princess hastily planed, still getting used to her position as the green lion. She followed through with her plan, and went to the other side to get hunk. She wasn't prepared for what she saw. Upon turning the corner, all she saw was wreckage. And a single blue blinking light. She screamed and used her Bayard her to activate the lioness's magical plant powers to destroy the larger ships. When everyone else saw the wreckage, it was silent.

It was cold and dark. It was raining on the Balmera, a rare sight. Balmeran rain is the tears of the great beast, and this Balmera was weeping. There was a giant hole being dug into her side, but it wasn't the pain making her cry, it was the source. Around a seven foot long, 4 foot wide, 6 foot deep hole, were thousands of aliens, of all races. Everyone was wearing black with their tears mixing with those of the Balmera. Silently everyone grieved as Shay slowly released the rope, lowering the dead paladin into the hole. Burying Hunk. There was silence all around as the teen was buried next to the other, slightly smaller mound. Titled, "Katie 'Pidge' Holt, 4-3-2117 ~ 4-6-2132"