IX - I cant say the word 'Love'

"He didn't mean to, you know." The pink alien was sitting on the edge of the bed, with Lance on the other side of her room, sitting in her hammock seat. The pink alien's room was surprisingly bright, with white and lilac being the key colors, in opposition to the typical dark, brooding, grey and mauve. There was a white metal daybed in the center, with a large window behind it. There was a small white table, with several arts and crafts on it, along with Lance's small collection of books. To the left of the front door to the room, (flush with the right side of the room) is a door to a shared on-suite, as Lance soon, and embarrassingly, learned was shared with Acxa. The bathroom has a single sink and countertop made with the same marble as Lotor's. There is a single toilet, and a shower with a removable shower head wand thingies.

"I know, it's just, he killed my friend. I know he didn't mean to, he probably didn't even know, but it still hurts. I'm just still trying to process it." Lance had begun fiddling his fingers. It has been a week since his encounter with Pidge and Allura. He hasn't heard if they found Hunk, but he hoped they did. Lance still hasn't talked to, or even seen, Lotor, but Ezor has discussed with both parties their point of view, which mostly consisted of 'I didnt mean to' qand 'i know he didnt mean to'. Lance looked up as he heard a small knock on the door. After Ezor called and asked who it was, Lance heard a faint "Lotor" and his heart fluttered. Lance may have been deadly mad at Lotor at first, but he has begun to forgive him. Lance knew that Lotor was protective of his generals, and seeing Lance on the ground, being slowly electrocuted to death, he was bound to kill any living thing between him and his general. Pidge was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, and unprepared. Lance had forgiven him, but a part of him just wouldn't be the same, touching Lotor, and knowing his friends blood was on his hands. Ezor looked at Lance to see what she should do. Lance thought it all over, and decided that now was as good a time as any to confront him. With a curt nod, he signaled to Ezor to open the door, letting the prince walk in.

"Lance, I'm Sorry, I know you hate me, but please, don't continue ignoring me like this. I can't hold it anymore, Lance, I," Lotor looked down, his lavender tinted skin getting a slight rouge dusting over his cheeks and ears. "Lance, I love you. I didn't want to ki- hurt, your friend. All I knew was that those people hurt you before, and that they were hurting you then. I-I- I just couldn't take it anymore. I know that you couldn't possibly ever forgive me, but I just want you to know, that yes, I do love you, and that's why, if you want, I wouldn't blame you for hating me forever, and leaving if you want."

The prince continued to look down, stepping to the right to let the paladin through, if he were to want to. He wasn't surprised to feel the liquid running down his face, and feel the drops landing on his feet. He knew that he would cry. He didn't care. As long as Lance was happy and safe, he would get over himself.

The prince was taken aback, gasping as he suddenly felt a pair of arms wrap around his upper torso.

"Wha-"

"Shut up. Stop talking like I'd leave you. I needed some time to catch onto the fact that Pidge was gone, but now, I can move on. It's okay, you don't know just how much I care about you, and I could never leave you. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me, so I will promise to never leave you, if you promise to never leave me in return."

"Lance, I- I don't know what to say..." The prince wiped a stray tear from his own cheek, "Of course, I never want to leave your side.

Lance looked up into the prince's eyes and saw tears, happy tears. Lance didn't know what on Earth he was thinking, he was just riding this sudden, magical wave of adrenaline, feeling the rush, as he stood up on his tiptoes and brought his lips up to meet the lips of the prince.

"Lotor, I can't say the word love, but please, know that I care very deeply about you. You are my wave. 'You never really know what's coming. A small wave, or maybe a big one. All you can really do is hope that when it comes, you can surf over it, instead of drown in its monstrosity.' My favorite surfing quote, by Alysha Speer, I never truly understood it, but now I do, This is my wave, and I know I'm drowning, but I also know how to swim. I'm prepared to stay here, for as long as it takes."

The prince opened his mouth to speak when the intercom of the ship crackled, and the following was the sound of Zethrid speaking to the ship, Lance McClain of the Blue Lion, we have a video transmission from the castle of lions. They said that they promised to call when they found Hunk."