o31

Raven-haired boy inserted one gun on each side of his pants

Raven-haired boy inserted one gun on each side of his pants. He would look at me, hands rummaging on my clothes to find a pocket. When he did, just beside my hips, he instantly put a tiny gun inside it. "Self protection," he would say.

Raven-haired boy is not Yong.

They have the same pale skin. But this boy standing in front of me is taller and livelier. His eyes are smaller than Yong's. Then there's his face, structurally longer than the former.

"Now listen to what I say, Jeena," he said, his breath frantic. "We need to find Yukhei and if someone gets in our way, don't hesitate to shoot."

"But, Doyo-"

"It's either kill or be killed, Jeena" his voice cut the air like a knife, "We only have two options."

"But I'm afraid-"

What I said earned a frown from him. Using his hands, he cupped my shoulders firmly and made me face him. "Don't be afraid! Cowardice will lead to nothing. Taeyong almost died today, Jeena. We almost died today. And we can't let Yukhei be the next one."

I looked at him.

He said he's not afraid.
He told me not to be afraid.

But why are his irises shaking in fear? Why are the hands that held me are trembling? Why do we need to use guns, the so-called weapon for cowards?

Suddenly, somebody who was wearing a labgown opened the door. The boy in front of me almost jumped in surprise but before anything happened, he gripped my sleeves and pulled my body along with him underneath a table.

"Ssshhh," he said.

That's unnecessary. I am as silent and still as a rock.

"Stay here," he said, his eyes stealing glances at the doorway.

I was supposed to ask him, 'where are you going' and 'why are you clenching that gun in your hand' and 'are you gonna leave me'.

But it was too late to ask these questions because the boy already moved out from underneath the chair, revealing himself to the newcomer.

"Doyoung," I heard the stranger said "The bosses are looking for Kwon Jeena. Have you seen her?"

"I didn't." he lied.

"How about that Lee Taeyong? He cannot be tracked anywhere."

"His whereabouts are not of my knowledge," he lied again.

"The others? All of your parents are looking for you. The bosses' patience are running thin. You should come with me as well."

"Oh wait, Doctor" the boy, who must be my friend, beamed. "As a matter of fact, I think I know where the others are." he added