o51

*

*

19:44:13

The hospital, or if I may say the path leading to my mother's room to be exact, seemed as if it was stolen from a madman's wild imagination.

Its silver walls of metals seemed as if it was picked up from the coldest part of the world, drawing out a chilly temperature that was enough to make the hair on my arms rise. The ceilings were as savage the walls, as if threatening to push down and trap me halfway through my destination. Cameras were watching, following, scrutinizing every movements as if everyone walking down here were criminals.

Standing behind me, Johnny's body was straight as what a soldier should be. If anything he seemed stronger, broader, and more intimidating compared to all meetings I have with him, including the one at the Fortrent. This man beside me was not here for a freak show anymore, nor was he here as the drunk clubman I've met with eyes and lips designed to moon over girl's hearts. He's here to guard a monster tied up in a cage. His eyes showed no conscience or relaxation as he guided me to my mother's room.

Nakamoto Yuta didn't send him here to play.

The ruler's cruel steel of icy blue eyes flashed in my mind, imagining what his expression might be to find out how uncomfortable I am alongside Johnny. This might be his plan: to keep me tensed and alarmed.

After several turns of left and right and elevators ascending up to floors that might reach skyward, Johnny and I finally had come to a hault in front of a room. Now that I noticed it, this is the only room in the hallway. Or if I may assume, this is the only room in this entire floor.

Rough fingers wrapped around the doorknob as I sucked in a deep breath. Attempting to spin it open, it didn't.

The door was locked. Or it might have a key. A passcode, perhaps.

Johnny cleared his throat, followed by his guttural voice as he spoke in answer to my innermind conflict. "Please align your wrist to the device."

He cocked his head over the scanner bonded to the concrete wall, just beside the entrance door itself.

"As you may already know, I don't hold any Chip," I said honestly, considering the fact that the truth had already been spoken at the Fortrent yesterday: Kwon Jeena is not a Neon holder.

"That's not what it seems to us." Johnny stated. "If you were Chipless, we could've detected it at the Fortrent already. However, something inside you felt... strange. You made us believe you were something entirely else different, or maybe you really were."