o48

Bleed

Bleed.

Do roses bleed?
Because if they do,
there's no surprise why we bleed.

We're
both plucked from the garden,
held into cracks.
And we,
we both have colors, souls,
and thorns,

that impale us,

and bleed us

until we cry
and leave our wake.

But somehow, something about the pain feels nice.

But why did you pluck me and left me to die?

*

Hopes in his eyes were denied. Remnants of sweat were pooling his forehead. Lucas' body was now steady, but his expression wasn't.

He looked at me, emotions mixed up in his beautiful glittering orbs.

I didn't know what to stay.

More people entered the room.

More voices echoed inside my head, increasing whatever pain I felt.

"Lucas, what happened? It's not yet her time, right?"

"D-Doyoung. You're the only one I can count on. Please help her. She's suffering. She's not allowed to see Taeyong. So he can't enter for now - "

Doyoung grabbed Lucas by the shoulders, hushing him gently.

"I can do that. But it will only be temporary. How many hours have she left?" Doyoung asked.

"T-Twenty-six..." Lucas stuttered.

"Okay," a deep sigh. "Okay, okay. We can fix this. I can give her an antidote. An advanced version of painkillers, I suppose. But Lucas, it may stop the pain but not the effects. Regardless she takes the antidote or not, the damage in her organs are still the same."

"I-I don't care for that now. Just do anything to take away her pain."

Whatever happened next or whatever they did,
I never knew.

The only thing I knew was that I was still lying on the sheets, breaths erratic, bones burning. Hands held me to keep me still. Blurry faces cascaded my view. They looked familiar, only that they were grown ups now. And I thought, yes yes. These are my friends.

Doyoung. Jungwoo. Jaehyun. Mark. Sicheng. Yukhei.

Where is Yong?

They can't call him.

He can't enter this room with that hair of his.

I wished the old midnight-haired boy will come inside instead.

But I knew that he wouldn't appear.

Doyoung injected something into my body, murmured words I can't decipher,

until
I
melted.