35.5

A/n: NCTzens! There's Chapter 35! Some of you skipped to this chapter immediately. It's such a spoiler ;-; pls read 35 first.

 It's such a spoiler ;-; pls read 35 first

_______________________

"When I'm dead, I want my ashes to be scattered at the orphanage."

_______________________

Each one of us was nervous when a huge, black truck fetched us at the orphanage.

'You kids are going to get subsidized,' the woman who knocked the door spoke.

'Orders from the government,' she said.

'To find out if any of you are infected by the virus.'

'To test your blood and organs.'

'To know whether you live or die.'

No one was prepared for it. No one really wanted to go to that damned place. No one willingly left our home. No one wanted to know our fate. No one.

But we're just torn children. To their eyes, we're not so special. We may only seem like livestocks to them: a waste of money.

So we have no choice but to go inside that dark truck,

inside that
ill-spelled carriage,

to let the woman command us,

to let the witch
take power over us,

to leave the orphanage.

to leave the castle.

Just like that, Snow White and her precious dwarves were taken away.

*

We fell into a line.

There are other kids aside from us too. A man was at the doorway, scanning the children one by one.

I feel more nervous whenever the line keeps getting shorter and shorter.

Among the Orphans, it was Jaemin who fell in line first. I was right behind him, while the other five were followed by me.

Finally, it's our turn.

The man who was checking the kids from earlier raised a brow at Jaemin and made him circle around. He nodded his head and pinned a patch on his right chest. It said the numbers, 563.