o50

**

**

HE WAS A BEAUTIFUL BOY.

But he was also a boy of distractions.

I watched him as he watched me. A part of me wanted to say 'hey, stop staring' and yet a part of me too felt satisfied. The way his green orbs surveyed my actions, it was a pleasant thing to know that a perfect boy like him was watching me. Almost calculatingly, I let my bare feet touch the cold bloodied tiles of this terribly awful and familiar room.

"This place has rules."

He was sitting in a corner, clenching and unclenching his fists into a ball.

He was still watching me.

This space between us ached to be closed. But it seemed like I was the only one making efforts. Here I am, drawing myself closer and closer to his magnetic presence. While there he was, perfectly still, with no sound at all except his deep inhales and exhales of his sorroundings.

"We make the rules."

That was my reply.

He breathed deeply to the fact that I can see a gas of white smoke appearing from his mouth. If hell was drenched in hellfire, then this place was terribly frozen. Shards of crystals seemed to be glued on our skin due to the temperature that this place exerted. I didn't know which of them was worse. Burning or freezing.

He tousled his own golden hair, then looked up at me again.

"This place has rules," he repeated.

I don't care, I wanted to say out loud.

But instead, my mouth was closed tightly. Erratic breaths dominated my vocals.

The cold took away my voice.

"The rules are hideous," he said to the floor. "It's so bad and hideous," he breathed.

Desperate for warmth, I found myself already kneeling in front of him.

Noticing my presence, he gazed up at me. His green eyes shook in unsureness... and fear.

Then he circled his hands around my waist, pulled me close, curled himself in parentheses, and placed his head on my stomach. His expression softened. The concentration and uneasiness left his delicate face and as if he can hear something, he continued resting his head on my stomach. Golden hair scattered beautifully around my untidy and dustful clothes. Experimentally, I let my hands slide in his soft locks.