Sophia and the Three Grandmothers

Narrator: Once a long time ago there were three friends, who made vow in their childhood to never separate. They fulfilled that vow. So now they were old grandmothers. Meanwhile, a girl was walking down the street. Her name was Sophia. She unexpectedly turned and was in a strange house. Sophia was in an old fashioned kitchen. Unfortunately no one was home.

Sophia: Wow, three cookies for me.

Narrator: Since she was very hungry. She bit into Grump grandmother's cookie.

Sophia: Yuck! This cookie is so hard, it's like a rock.

Narrator: She bit Lump grandmother's cookie.

Sophia: Eww! This cookie is too soft.

Narrator: She bit into Mump grandmother's cookie.

Sophia: This cookie is just right.

Narrator: Since Sophia was bored she wanted to learn how to knit. She found three knitting needles, one for each grandmother. She tried Grump grandmother's needle.

Sophia: This needle is too tall and heavy.

Narrator: So the needle slipped out of her grasp and broke. So she tried Lump grandmother's needle.

Sophia: This needle is too small and fragile.

Narrator: So it broke. She tried Mump grandmother's needle.

Sophia: This needle is just my size.

Narrator: Now that Sophia had a needle, she had to sit somewhere. Fortunately she saw three chairs. So she had to choose one.

Narrator: She tried Grump grandmother's chair.

Sophia: This chair is too fragile.

Narrator: She tried Lump grandmother's chair.

Sophia: This chair is too small.

Narrator: She tried Mump grandmother's chair.

Sophia: This chair is just right.

Narrator: So she sat in Mump grandmother's chair. All of a sudden she got very tired and started to sleep just as the grandmothers came home.

Narrator: As soon as they were settled. Grump grandmother reached out for a cookie on her plate and saw that someone had taken a bite of her cookie.

Grump grandmother: Someone bit my cookie.

Narrator: Lump grandmother reached out for a cookie and saw that someone had bitten her cookie.

Lump grandmother: Someone bit my cookie.

Narrator: Mump grandmother reached out for a cookie and saw that someone had eaten her cookie.

Mump grandmother: Where in the world is my cookie!

Narrator: Since they couldn't eat, they wanted to knit. But when they saw the sight before them they were horrified. Grump and Lump grandmother's needles were broken. Mump grandmother's needles were apparently missing.

Narrator: Now since they couldn't knit they wanted to take a nap, but when they saw the sight before they were terrified. Grump and Lump grandmother's chairs were broken. On Mump grandmother's chair there was a little girl who was very startled from all the commotion.

Mump grandmother: Who are you?

Sophia: Sophia

Mump grandmother: Get out!

Narrator: But she was already out the door, so to this day Sophia never went into a strange house again.

What a story!