My Hopes and Dreams

She notices me looking at her and instantly pulls her features up into to what I assume she thinks is a smile. It is more like a grimace. She is trying to assure me that everything is okay, but I know better. Sometimes, the truth hurts.

Oh, look at her. Her pretty face cannot hide the sorrow deep in her eyes.

How can he do this to her?

She is glass. Beautiful and delicate. She is fragile. A princess in my eyes. She is born royalty. Made to be put on a pedestal and taken care of. Not abused in the way he does so willingly every day.

If I was him, I would cherish her. I would feel blessed every time she even looked at me. If only I could talk to her, maybe even have a full-length conversation, I would die as a fulfilled, happy man. I would just be happy with that. Satisfied with the little I have experienced. But, no.

He doesn't allow even that. Yet, she stays with him. Maybe that is loyalty, but that is certainly not love. If only I could show her, how it really truly feels to be in love. What it is like. Show how it feels like to be the only one in someone's universe. The reason they wake up and smile. Know how it feels to be on someone's mind all day long. The reason they live and breathe. My world is her.

Till the day she realizes that,

I can only hope and dream.