If Only

The gate opens without a sound. Beckoning me to come hither. I am astonished, though only for a moment. By now, I should not be surprised.

It is filled, to the brim, with these wonderful gifts of nature; just waiting to be found, unwrapped, and enjoyed. Never would I have experienced such gifts had I chosen to stay trapped in my imaginary paradise. I would have been entombed in the dark lagoon of all my misery. So many hopes and desires; never to be fulfilled. All my dreams left to rot in the decaying abyss of my desires.

It is a place so wonderful, words fail to describe it. I felt a rush of gratitude for all I have been given. This was my Garden of Eden, majestic and open to all.

it is a paradise, wide open for anyone looking to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. A sanctuary for those in need of a moment's rest and relaxation, it is an escape. Stepping in; is like traveling back in time. When, once, times were simpler and dreams were easier to pursue. When we were not all forced to fit into society's molds. When it was okay for us to make mistakes; learn and grow from them, and not feel like our world was ending. For my world is ending.

I cannot enjoy this moment any longer, as there is gun pressed to the back of my head.