Waiting For Sasuke

Reedited on September 1st 2018

A/N POV= Point Of View

Sakura/Ino POV

"I can't believe Sasuke has been gone for 10 years." Sakura mumbled to Ino while waiting for Sasuke inside the airport.

They got tired of standing so they found a black bench to sit on. Ino looked at her and said "I am sorry Sakura were you talking to me?" Ino asked. "Hm...yes, I was just thinking of the past that's all." "Oh is that all, for a second there I thought you were losing your mind!" Ino responded with a sweat drop on the side of her head.

Sakura just glared at her and ignored what she said. Ino sighed, "Who are we waiting for anyways?" Ino asked and Sakura totally forgot that she didn't tell Ino who they were picking up at the air port.

Flash Back

"Hello?" Sakura asked as she picked up the phone in her apartment "Hello, may I please speak to Sakura?" The man on the other line asked. His voice was like soft velvet.

Sakura paused for a sec and said "This is she." And the man on the other end chuckled lightly and said "It's so good to hear your voice again Cherry Blossom." Sakura's heart skipped a beat.

"Who...who is this?" Sakura asked and the voice on the other end chuckled again "Cherry Blossom I know we have not seen each other for 10 years but have you really forgotten me?"

Sakura nearly dropped the phone but kept herself together she cleared her throat and said "Sasuke?" she asked her voice hopeful

"Yes Sakura it's me." "Sa...Sasuke I have not seen you for so long....how are you?" Sakura asked

"I am fine blossom and I will be coming to see you again."

Sakura's heart skipped a beat and she felt like she was going to die with happiness. "REALLY YOU ARE!" Sakura said while wanting to kick herself for sounding so excited.

Sasuke laughed. "Yes Sakura, I will be arriving at the airport today by noon...I want you to be there when I arrive. I would love to see you again such a long time."

Sakura smiled "Ok I'll be there when you arrive." Sasuke laughed again "I will see you again, Cherry Blossom.... Goodbye."

End of Flash Back

Sakura looked at her friend and said "I am sorry Ino, I forgot to tell you that we are picking up my friend Sasuke from the airport...whom I have not seen for 10 years."

Ino's eyes went wide "Wow ten...ten years...that's a long time." Sakura sadly nodded "Yeah...we were very good childhood friends...till he had to move away."

"Why did he have to move?" Ino asked

"Well...you see his clan needed him to be there for something important...his parents died when he was only 3 so there was only Sasuke and his brother Itachi alive."

"His brother Itachi stayed with their clan while Sasuke came here to America... with his guardian Kakashi and..."

"Why did he come here instead of staying with his clan?" Ino interrupted and Sakura sighed "I was about to get to that Ino."

Ino rolled her eyes and said "Oh sorry it's not my fault if you're slow to give info billboard brow!"

Sakura glared and Ino laughed and said "It's still so easy to get you going, even after being friends for eight years."

Ino was right. Two years after Sasuke left Sakura met Ino at school and Ino became one of her best friends.

They fought as if they were sisters some times. Maybe that was why they chose to share a house together.