chapter 13

Melody

Summer and Kennedy were laughing at something Kennedy had said while trying to get ready to go out. I was already dressed and ready and so was Peyton who had given up on waiting and went to watch tv. At this rate we were never going to get out of the apartment tonight. Summer finally picked out an outfit but when she went to put it on she couldn't get it to fit. Summer just shrugged throwing it to the side and settled on another outfit. With Summer finally dressed and ready the four of us headed out for our night on the town. Tonight would be a great fun night with just the four of us girls then tomorrow night Summer would marry Stephen the love of her life. Summer was one of the lucky ones when it came to love. She had loving parents, best friends that loved her, and she had Stephen. 

We piled into the truck and kennedy reached over to turn the radio up when her favorite song started playing. Summer and Kennedy both sang every word to the song as loud as they could without yelling. It took us awhile to get to the restuarant we were going to for dinner before heading out to the bar. By the time we got to the restaurant all four of us were singing and laughing. Having a great time. During dinner I was finding it hard to keep up with Kennedy and Summer's conversation. They were talking about things that happened years ago when they'd been young girls in Georgia. I was content just listening to them talk.

I always wondered what it would be like to have a life long friendship with someone from childhood. I had been moved around so much between that was one thing I never got to experience. I had always been afraid of making friends knowing that just as I would get close to someone I'd just be moved again. Summer was the only best friend I'd ever had and Summer was in Nashville. I didn't have any friends or family in California. The only thing I had out there was a job and I could work anywhere. I was thinking about moving out here but I'd have to think about it a little more before making up my mind. 

I know this is very very short and I'm sorry.