Chapter 1: Questions

I screamed as Thor and Erebus held me down.

"Come on just a few more pushes." Lucifer encouraged as he stood between my legs. He didn't trust a doctor to deliver the baby, he decided he'll do it himself.

"I don't want to keep pushing! Just cut it out of me!" I already felt like I was being split into two. Who knew giving birth was this painful? Oh right everyone.

"Push right now!" He yelled at me, I glared at him. The closer I got to delivering the baby the more aggressive he got. He didn't allow anyone around me my final two weeks, he was just as paranoid too.

Just then another contraction hit, I pushed with all my might.

"Yes, I see the head! Keep pushing." With one final push the lights went out, just as I heard crying.

"I can't see anything!" I heard a finger snap and the lights came back on. I gasped when I saw it was just Thanatos and I in the room. "What are you doing?"  He stood at the end of my bed, holding my baby wrapped in a blue blanket.

"Just as I suspected." He looked down at my son as he made a cooing noise. I wasn't scared of Thanatos anymore, during my pregnancy we got very close. I don't know if it was my hormones or what, but I didn't carve food anymore like a normal person. I started craving Thanatos. He had to be around me at all times, every now and then we'd even make out. Dare I say I've developed feelings for him? Lucifer didn't mind, I'd say he was like an older brother to me but that's a little disturbing since I had his kid. I guess I can say we're just close friends? He's the only one who knows about my feelings, since he's the one that made me realize them.

Flashback

I was laying in bed annoyed cause Thanatos decided to leave. I was all alone until Lucifer came busting in.

"Where's the fire?" I asked him.

"I told Thanatos not to leave you alone." He sighed.

"I don't need a baby sitter."

"But you're calmer when he's around." I shrugged, it was true.

"Do you know why that is?" I asked him.

He smirked. "It's obvious why."

"If it was obvious I wouldn't be asking." I rolled my eyes.

"You're in love with him." I burst out laughing.

"Wait so first I was in love with you, now I'm in love with death? You guys are a hoot!"

"You've always been in love with me in your past lives, but I've sensed a change in you. Its not like the other times I've met you, you're very indifferent about me but would sacrifice your life for Thanatos." I mean I guess that was kind of true.

"Why would I love Thanatos when all he ever did was kill me?"

"Maybe because he's not trying to kill you this time, something has changed in him too. Not that he'll ever admit it."

"Why are you telling me this? Aren't you in love with me or something?"

"I was, but its obvious what's going on here."

"What's going on?" Clearly it wasn't that obvious.

He gave me a secret smile, zipping his lips closed.

Flashback over

Ever since he told me this I've been trying to see if Thanatos acted any different, or gave off any 'I like you' signs. So far nothing.

"What are you doing? And where did everyone go?" I felt exhausted, I guess pushing out a baby does that to a person.

"This isn't Lucifer's baby."

I frowned at him. "I'm pretty sure it is, unless you're calling me a slut."

"Isabel what do you remember when you had sex with Lucifer?" I blushed at his question. The hell is he asking me this for?

"I believe that's classified information sir."

"Did he...release in you?" My blush deepened, god this is so awkward. But I thought about his question, did he? It was so long ago that I don't remember much. But I'm pretty sure he did, otherwise I wouldn't be pregnant right?

"I'm not sure." He nodded and snapped his fingers, Lucifer suddenly appeared.

"What the hell do you think you're doing Thanatos? Give me my son." There was nothing but pure rage in his eyes, I've never seen him so mad. Now I see why he's the devil.

"It's about time you start telling the truth brother." Thanatos snarled at him. Lucifer paused, his eyes drifting to mine, before he attacked Thanatos. I screamed, he was still holding my baby.

I was out of the hospital bed and in front of them within seconds, grabbing my son from Thanatos hands. Just as Lucifer tackled him to the ground. My eyes widened as I realized I'd just teleported, I've never done that before.

"I talked to Lilith, I know the truth." He punched Lucifer in the face. His head snapped to the side, before he returned a punch of his own.

"You know nothing!" I could literally see the smoke coming from his ears. Thanatos kicked out his legs, causing Lucifer to fly across the room. He hit the wall so hard a huge hole appeared. He stood up dusting himself off as he once again advanced towards Death. I know I should break this up, but I was scared to get in the middle of it. I held my son closer to my chest as they continued fighting.

Just as Thanatos swung another punch at Lucifer, Thor appeared in the room. Thank heavens for that.

"What is going on here?" His question was directed towards me, but my only response was to widen my eyes.

He sighed before reaching out and grabbing Thanatos by the throat, before they both disappeared.

It was now just Lucifer and I, who happened to still be very mad. I stayed as quiet as a mouse hoping he wouldn't notice me. I took a step back, flinching when I bumped the bed. His head snapped in my direction, I gasped when I noticed some horns were forming from his forehead.

His nostrils flared as he stalked towards me. I started to panic. I didn't know this side of him, and I really feared that he would kill me right now.

"Don't come any closer!" I did the one thing I knew how to do, I formed a protective shield around me. I heard a cruel laugh on the other side, causing me to shiver. Lucifer was standing on the other side laughing hysterically. What was wrong with him? I looked down at my baby boy to see him staring up at me with wide eyes. I have to get us out of here. I tried to think of a place I could go where we'd be safe, where no one would think to look. I focused on that place as hard as I could, as Lucifer started banging on my shield. I felt a whoosh of air and opened my eyes. I did it, I didn't think it would work but it did. I've never been here before, I honestly thought this place didn't exist. It was just how I've read about it in many books. I took a step forward, and a spear was suddenly thrust in my face.

"State your business here." I looked up as a man in all gold armor glared down at me.

"Please, I need help."

----------------

Don't forget to vote!