Chapter 37:

I felt time freeze as I processed her words. In love with her? Thanatos fell in love with my sister? "What do you mean? What are you saying?"

She laughed loudly. "Are you dumb? What are you not understanding little sister?"

"Isabel don't listen to her, it was a long time ago." Thanatos reached out to touch me, I moved away.

"So she's telling the truth?" I couldn't see it. Thanatos and my sister? Well she seems like the type he'd go for now, you know being mean and all. But what was she like back then to make him fall in love with her? He sighed, deciding not to answer the question.

"Of course it's the truth, why do you think he was so eager to kill you?" Jasmine answered.

"Jasmine! That's enough from you." He roared at her.

"What?" She shrugged innocently. "I'm only trying to help her understand." I couldn't speak anymore, or even think properly. All the times he killed me was for her? Did he really love her that much?

"Why would you kill me if she lived?" That's the part I didn't understand. It wasn't revenge if she didn't die, so why did he agree to kill me?

"Isabel we can talk about this later." He stared pointily at me.

"Aww is the little couple getting into a fight? Remember when we used to argue and all the creative ways we made up." She winked at him. God I think I'm going to be sick.

Lucifer walked over to me wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "I'll just take her back."

Thanatos blocked our path frowning. "I can take my girlfriend back just fine." He snapped.

"Are you talking about me or my sister?" I snapped back. I don't know why I said it. It's clear he was referring to me. I guess I was just still upset about the news of them dating.

He rolled his eyes as he looked at me. "You're really upset that I dated her? Like you haven't married my brother more times than I can count. I guess we both like to keep it in the family." He glared at me.

"I don't even remember dating him!"

"Didn't stop you from kissing him though!" He argued. Guess he has a point there. He was right we can talk about this later. I pushed pass him as Lucifer and I left, Draco decided to come as well. I thought we were going to take the creepy boat back, but Draco just grabbed our hands and teleported us back. I wasn't sure if Thanatos powers stayed with me or not. I hope they didn't as I wanted to deal with no part of him right now.

"Are you going to be ok?" Lucifer asked as he walked me back to my room. Draco left earlier making a comment about my lover taking care of me, I decided to just ignore him. I had enough to deal with right now. 

"I'm fine, thanks." I made a move to close the door, but he stopped me.

He sighed. "Look, as much as I don't like my brother he's right. It was a long time ago and I'm sure he no longer has feelings for her."

"Why does he keep her alive then?" I asked him.

He looked confused. "What?"

"She's locked down there with all the bad guys and its his job to visit her every day." It bothered me the more I thought about it. When he wasn't with me he was with her, doing his job. Was he truly over her? How could you be over someone that you see everyday for years. "Why did he really take me down there? He knew I'd see her, did he expect me to not remember her?"

"I'm sure he has his reasons and I'm sure he'll explain them to you. But for right now you need to calm down." He laid a hand on my shoulder to stop my pacing.

"You're pretty soft for someone claiming to be the devil. For us to have been lovers you sure don't fight for me." I blurted out. I guess I was upset with Thanatos and now lashing out at other people. He's never really made a move to try and make me his. Did I want him to try though? Why was I taunting him? Did I want to be with Lucifer? I never gave it much thought and I shouldn't now. He accepts the fact that Thanatos and I are dating with no problem, I should be happy he's not trying to come between us. Unlike some people.

He raised an eyebrow at my words. "I'm just waiting."

I gave him a confused look. "Waiting for what?"

He took a step closer to me. "My brother can have his time now, but you'll always be mine. Your heart has always belonged to me. It's only a matter of time before you realize that." He stared intently into my eyes. I felt my heart beat quicken at his words. "I'll see you around." With that he left the room. I stood there numbly for a moment. What just happened?

"Oh, I'll tell you what just happened." I jumped as Erebus appeared on my bed. Did I ask that out loud? "That was Lucifer not so subtly making a move on you."

I blushed at his words. "Why are you here? Where is Sydney?" I hope she wasn't still paralyzed.

He stood up from the bed. "Well after Noeros found a way to unparalyze her, thanks for telling me that happened by the way, she decided to retreat into our room for the day."

"So why are you here?" I asked him again.

"I stopped by for company but witnessed something far more disturbing, you need to stay away from him." He ordered.

"Stay away from who?" I crossed my arms.

"Lucifer, he's nothing but bad news. Just because he's nice to you doesn't mean you should forget that he's the devil, evil reincarnated." I rolled my eyes at his dramatics.

"Thanks for the advice but I can take care of myself. Now I would prefer some alone time so if you don't mind." I nodded my head towards the door.

He shrugged. "Fine ignore my advice, have a nice day." He left the room. I closed the door behind him as I made my way to my bed.

As I laid down I felt all the stress from today leave my body, or maybe it was Thanatos magic. Either way I felt relaxed as I started dozing off. The moment my eyes closed Lucifer's face popped up "You'll always be mine." My eyes instantly popped back open. Well so much for having a nap. Why was I cursed with such a complicated life?

------------------------------------

Hope you guys enjoy. Don't forget to vote and comment! Have a nice day!