Chapter 7: Dresses And Messes

Picture of Sydney dress and their wedding song!

"What colors did you pick for the bridesmaids to wear?" I asked Sydney as we made our way to Aphrodite's house.

"I picked purple, in remembrance of you." I felt my heart squeeze. I had the best best friend ever.

I sighed. "I'm sorry again for leaving you, I just panicked." Without the guys around, I can really tell Sydney how I felt that day. "I've never seen lucifer behave like that, if I didn't have my shield around me he possibly would have killed us. You should have seen him."

"It's ok Isabel I understand, If I were in your shoes I would've done the same thing." She smiled at me.

"Where's Jeremy? Did you invite him to the wedding?" I was ashamed to admit that I had completely forgotten about him. I was a horrible friend.

We stopped at Aphrodite's steps and she turned to face me. "When you left he was called back to heaven, I haven't seen him since. I guess everyone assumed you were dead, so they assigned him to someone else."

"That would make sense." I was going to miss Jeremey. I knocked on Aphrodite's door, we waited patiently until she opened it.

"Took you guys long enough! We only have two hours to get ready." She grabbed us both by the arm pulling us in.

I gasped at the mess that was her house. There was fabric and dresses everywhere. "What happened to this place?"

"This would be the results of Aphrodite trying to make the best wedding dress." Hera glided gracefully through the mess towards us.

I took another look around and spotted a beautiful wedding dress hanging up. "Oh, Sydney it's gorgeous!" She looked in the same direction as me and gasped.

"I don't care what anyone says about you Aphrodite! I love you." She ran her hands over the fabric.

"Wait, what does people say about me?" She asked incredulously. Sydney ignored her, too distracted by the dress. It was a white dress with a lace spaghetti strap top, the bottom part was layered. I was in love with it.

"Ok girls we need to get you two ready, Isabel dear your dress is over there." I looked to where she was pointing, spotting a purple dress. It wasn't as extravagant as Sydney's dress, but it was still gorgeous. It was a deep long purple dress with a split at the end. I didn't know the gods even owned different colored fabric, they've been holding out on me. I grabbed it making my way to the bathroom. I wish I had the power to snap my finger and be changed. I guess that wasn't gifted to me.

Once I had the dress on I took a seat on the couch as I waited for Sydney to get dressed. Hera and Aphrodite were dressed when we arrived.

"You'll be walking down the aisle with Thanatos." My eyes snapped to Hera as she announced this. Why him? I didn't even know he was going to be in the wedding. Makes sense though since he and Erebus are friends. I didn't know how I felt about Thanatos. Sure we had some fun the other day, but we weren't together. I don't even think he dates.

"Ok, does he know?" He seemed like the type that would prefer to walk by himself.

"Yes, I had Hercules inform him." Just then the bathroom door opened as Sydney stepped out. My eyes winded at the sight of her. She looked beautiful.

I gave a loud wolf whistle. "Erebus is one lucky guy, if he ever messes up though you know where to find me." I winked at her.

"Sorry honey I don't swing that way." She flipped her hair. We both burst out laughing. Hera smiled as she watched our interaction.