Chapter 22: Honeymoon

Sydney's POV

I stretched my arms as I lounged on the chair. "This weather feels amazing." I sighed in content.

"I know some other things that feel amazing too." I looked over just in time to catch him wink at me. Three years with this guy and he still flirts like a high school boy.

He shifted in his seat to face me, reaching out to play with a lock of my hair. Who knew after dating nothing but scumbags I'd end up married to a god? I didn't that's for sure. "Like you feeding me grapes till I'm full as a tick?" I flashed him my best smile.

He rolled his eyes shifting to lay on his back, letting my hair drop. "It seems you think I'm your slave instead of your husband."

I giggled as one of his shadows slide across my side, causing a slight tickle sensation. It took me a while to get used to the shadows. Sometimes, as if he couldn't control them they'd seep out of him and make their way to me. Never harming me, just flittering around me like some type of shield. Sliding across my arms and legs, they had a cool chill feeling to them. I asked Erebus about this once and he explained they saw me as their queen, even before we were married. Queen of darkness and shadows? Not the worst title to have. "Are you not? I must've signed the wrong documents then. I'll have to speak with my lawyer."

"Keep it up and you'll be on the couch tonight." He threatened.

I laughed out loud at his threat. "You really think you'd be able to sleep without me? You'll only be hurting yourself." I smirked. I shrieked as I suddenly toppled out of my chair. I sat up, glaring at the traitorous shadows as they made their way back to Erebus.

"I'll only be hurting myself you say?" He grinned down at me.

I glared at him as I stood up, wiping the sand from my legs. As much as I could anyways. "That's it, this honeymoon is over!" I stomped my foot as I made my way back to the hotel.

"It's over when I say its over." I screamed as he tossed me over his shoulder, heading towards the water.

I smacked his back kicking my legs wildly. "Put me down, don't you dare- "I gasped as I was tossed into the cold water. Before anymore water could get into my mouth I quickly swam to the surface, to see a laughing asshole. "You're going to pay for that!" So caught up in his laughing he had no time to dodge my hands as I pushed him under the water. Now it was my turn to laugh as he broke the surface coughing. "Serves you right!" He glared at me, splashing water my way.

"I was only trying to cool you down babe. You seemed all hot and bothered." He smirked. As a reply I repeatedly splashed water into his face. Over our laughs I could hear someone calling our names from the beach. I looked over letting out a groan as I spotted Thanatos.

"Why is he here?" I pointed him out to Erebus.

He turned spotting him on the beach as well. "I'm not sure, come on." He grabbed my hand pulling me through the water. So much for a peaceful honeymoon.

ISABEL'S POV

I knew I officially hit rock bottom as I stood in a hotel somewhere in California, with hotel California playing in the lobby. Kill me now. "Remind me again why you think this is a good time to go on vacation?"

"This isn't a vacation." Thanatos rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, California traffic is not a vacation lover." Lucifer smirked at me.

"Didn't I tell you to stop calling me that?" Ever since we left his hotel he has not stopped referring to me as lover. In some way that I can not understand it amuses him greatly. Or he just enjoys annoying me, and tormenting Thanatos.