Chapter 36: Deception

"What do you mean she's your sister? You remember her?" The moment those words left my mouth Thanatos pulled me from the room and out into the hallway. He could tell I was shaken up.

"I don't remember her, but I-I think the phoenix does." He was staring at me like I'd grown a second head, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if I did. Was that the phoenix voice I heard? Or have I finally gone crazy?

Thanatos was about to say something when Draco appeared out of nowhere. "I sensed your distress, are you ok?" He walked up to me, eyes scanning over my body looking for any physical damage.

Thanatos raised an eyebrow at him. "How the hell did you get here?"

Draco frowned at him, as if he should already know the answer. I was also curious how he got here. "No matter where Isabel is located I can get to her. Where are we Isabel?"

I shrugged. "Tartarus apparently."

"And what has you upset?"

"I think my sister is here." Did Draco ever see my sister? Was he around at that time? Maybe he can confirm if it's her or not.

He shook his head. "That's not possible."

"S-something told me it was her." Please don't ask what.

"What?" I sighed. Time to sound crazy again. I recapped what happened to Draco. "The phoenix is getting stronger." He nodded.

"Wait, so that was the phoenix I heard? What do you mean she's getting stronger?" What if she decides to take over my body again?

"The more that you accept what you are the stronger your bond will be with the phoenix. You've always been able to communicate with each other, I thought you had already accessed that power. It is why I never brought it up. When did this start?"

"Before I entered the building she spoke to me. Not a full sentence though, just short statements. Like saying that was my sister."

Draco froze. "If the phoenix said she's your sister then that's your sister. But it doesn't make any sense. You killed her when you were younger, how could she still be alive?" He started pacing back and forth in deep thought.

"Well there's only one way to find out." I nodded my head towards the door. Draco nodded in agreement.

We turned to walk through the door when another voice joined. "Why are we in Tartarus?" We all turned simultaneously to see Lucifer standing there.

Thanatos threw his arms up in frustration. "You have got to be kidding me."

"How did you get here?" I asked him.

"I was having a conversation with Draco when he disappeared, so I followed him."

"How did you follow him?" Thanatos asked.

Lucifer shrugged. "I've known him a long time, I have my ways." I sometimes forget that Lucifer has known Draco for almost as long as he's known me. Who knows what other tricks he's learned. "So, what's going on here?"

We all looked at each other, before Draco finally cleared his throat choosing to answer. "Isabel sister is in there."

Lucifer frowned. "That can't be."

"Well it can be and it is. Now can we get this over with already." Thanatos asked, sounding impatient.

"I agree we need to get to the bottom of this." Draco nodded. That settles it then. Once again we made our way to the door. Draco went in first, followed by Thanatos me and Lucifer. Lucifer gasped when he saw the glaring girl.