Chapter 31: Making Moves

Thanatos POV

"You know where Isabel is right now?"

I looked up as Erebus asked me a question. "Probably somewhere putting her nose in somebody else business." I shrugged.

He chuckled at my response, but I wasn't joking. "Lucifer is missing as well." A smirk grew on his.

If he was trying to make me jealous it wasn't working. I have no right to be jealous, Isabel is grown and makes her own decisions. "That's great to know, Sydney is missing as well."

He shrugged. "I don't have to worry about my wife, she's not pinning after another guy."

"Doesn't mom like you?" Xavier asked next to me. Sometimes I forget he's there. Not used to looking after anyone but myself.

I looked down at him. He was currently drawing a picture of something, he's been working on it for the last 30 minutes. "Did she tell you that?" How pathetic was I asking my son if his mother liked me? You just never know with Isabel though.

He frowned at me, going back to his drawing. Well ok then. I sighed as I got up from the table. "Watch him for a second I'll be back." I told Erebus.

"How do you know I wasn't about to leave?" He called out as I walked away.

"Take him with you." I closed the door behind me. If I was Isabel where would I be? Even though I told Erebus Sydney was missing I'm sure she's not, so Isabel must be with her.

I turned directions heading towards their shared room. "Thanatos?" I stopped as I heard my name getting called. I looked back to see Hades.

"What?"

He made his way towards me. Great, I was not in a mood for making small talk. "You know Lucifer is here?"

"Of course I do why wouldn't I?" What kind of question was that? Why does he care if Lucifer is here or not?

"We need to get rid of him." He stated.

I let a laugh escape my mouth. "Are you joking right now?"

He frowned at my reaction. "Why would I be joking? He doesn't belong here."

"And how is that any of your concern? Don't you live in the underworld?"

"It doesn't matter where I live, these are my people. Lucifer has done nothing but brought harm to them." He growled.

"Well why don't you go ask your people for help." I once again started heading down the hallway.

"You were my people, before Isabel made you soft." I looked back to see the smirk on his face.

I gave him a smirk of my own. "You think I'm soft?"

"Have you killed anyone since you met Isabel?" He questioned. Oh I'm about to.

I put a hand on my chin thinking. "I'm trying to figure out why you think you have any right to question me?

He laughed. "Just admit it, she broke you. You're useless and soft. That's why you're letting another man make out with the girl you love."

In a flash I was in front of him. I grabbed his throat slamming him against the wall. "You want to repeat that?" I growled in his face. He opened his mouth but only wheezed, I squeezed harder. I held him there until he passed out, letting his body drop to the floor. I felt a rush of anger go through me. He was right though. It's about time Isabel knows her place as well.

ISABEL POV

"Relax drama queen, it's not permanent." He rolled his eyes.

"You better damn well hope it's not." I glared at him. I took another look at Sydney feeling hopeless. I started making my way to her, when the room door flew open. Everyone looked over to see Thanatos standing there. "Where's Xavier?" don't tell me he lost him. He didn't respond, that's when I took note of the anger coming off him in waves.

"Brother, what's going on?" Lucifer made a move to get closer to him. Thanatos eyes snapped to his, and he flew back.

What the hell? "Thanatos what do you think you're doing?"

He growled as I addressed him. He walked over snatching my arm, pulling me towards the door. What is going on? Why isn't he talking? Did something happen to Xavier? Why is he so angry? A million thoughts went through my head as he dragged me down the hall and towards our room. "Thanatos? Is something wrong with Xavier? Are you ok?" He pulled us into the room, locking it behind us. Ok now I was starting to get scared. "Than- "I was cut off as he smashed his lips to mine.

I was startled as he roughly bit my bottom lip. Instead of pushing him away I kissed him back.

I was breathing heavily when we finally broke apart. "What... was that?" I asked him.

He sighed as he took a seat on the bed. "I'm done playing these games Isabel."

"What games?" I asked him in confusion.

"The going back and forth between me and my brother."

I blushed at his words. "I was- "

"You seem to be having trouble making a decision. So, I'm going to make it for you." He once again got up walking to me.

"What are you talking about?" I took a deep breath when he pinned me against the wall. He had his hands on either side of my head, caging me in. I couldn't help but inhale his scent. He smelled great.

"Be mine for real." My eyes widened as he said this. Was he saying what I think he's saying?

"What do you mean?" I asked quietly.

He rolled his eyes. "Be my girlfriend Isabel."

-----------------------------

I don't know how I feel about this chapter, but I assure you the next one will be better. I know it's been a while but I'm getting back to focusing on this story now. Don't forget to vote and comment!