Chapter 17: Not My Lover

"What are we doing here? I thought we were going to my parent's place?" I frowned up at the hotel. Of all the hotels in town he chooses this one? He's more like his brother than I thought.

"I didn't choose this place, this is where Lucifer is hiding out." He rolled his eyes at me like he knew what I had been thinking.

"Your lover lives here now?" My eyes snapped to Draco sitting next to me, widening in horror.

"He is not my lover!" I screeched, causing Thanatos to laugh.

Draco frowned at me in confusion. "He has been your lover for many lifetimes." I felt my cheeks heat up, and here I thought it was only once.

"Well not this lifetime." I crossed my arms glaring at him. He just continued to stare at me. I sighed getting out the car.

It was very awkward being stuck in an elevator between Draco and Thanatos. Draco kept shooting Thanatos glares over my shoulder and occasionally getting closer. As if Thanatos would attack me in any second. Thanatos himself just smirked at Draco actions the whole time. Thor stood in front of me grinning at the situation.

I was relieved when the door dinged announcing we reached our floor. I practically pushed Thor out the elevator trying to get out. We all followed Thanatos as he leads us down the hall, finally stopping at a door on the left. "I'm sure he knows we're here already." He knocked on the door. 

The door opened revealing Lucifer standing there, in nothing but a robe. "What the hell happened to your face." I assumed he was talking to Thanatos, until I noticed him starring at me.

"What?" I touched my face in confusion. I paused when I felt a cut right where the bartender had cut me. Why hasn't it healed?  I pushed pass Lucifer walking into the room. I rushed to the bathroom to get a better look. Only to be greeted with a naked female sitting on the toilet. Against my better judgement, I screamed.

"Stand behind me!" Draco rushed in pulling me behind him, as he pulled out a long sword. I don't even want to know where that came from. The girl screamed, cowering behind the toilet.

"What the hell is going on here? Ashley are you ok?" Lucifer came in and went to the girl. Suddenly it clicked, she's naked and Lucifer was in nothing but a robe. Were they doing stuff before we came? I felt my cheeks heat up, and a slight pain in my chest. Was I jealous?

"Who the hell are these people Jacob?" My eyebrow raised as she called him this. I guess she doesn't know she had been hooking up with the devil.

"Unwanted guest," He rolled his eyes. "Come, I'll call you an uber." He grabbed a nearby towel wrapping it around her. On their way out Draco finally put his sword back wherever it came from.

"Your lover lays with another?" He sounded so surprised, like I didn't tell him he wasn't my lover.

"Just shut up Draco." I glared, walking out the bathroom. Thanatos was sitting on the couch with a bag of chips in his hand. Where did he even get those? Lucifer was nowhere in sight. I sat next to Thanatos snatching the bag out of his hand, before shoving a few in my mouth.

"I believe you meant to say, "Thanatos babe, can I have some of your chips?" He turned to face me. I ignored him, lifting my legs up I stretched across the couch laying them down across him.

"I believe I didn't mean to say anything." I popped a few more chips in my mouth. Lucifer walked in at that moment, glaring at all of us.

"Why are you all here, and why the hell did you bring this barbarian out in public?" He pointed at Draco, who was currently standing next to the arm of the couch I was laying on. The guy never stood more than two feet away from me.

"Lover or not, I will not be disrespected." Draco glared at Lucifer.

Lucifer raised an eyebrow at him, before looking at me. "Lover huh?"

I rolled my eyes. "In your dreams."

"Been there done that." He waved his hand. I was about to retaliate but Thanatos chose that moment to push my legs off him. I glared. "Now tell me, why are you people here?"

"Isabel and Draco need a place to crash." Thanatos answered him.

"Wait what? You want us to stay here? Why can't I just go home?" If I'd known this was his plan all along I wouldn't have gotten in the car.

"You could go home, but he isn't going to allow you out of his eyesight and that will cause problems." He pointed his thumb at Draco. They talked about him like he wasn't here.

"Why can't I stay with Thor?" Sure he's annoying but it's better than staying with Lucifer.

"You can stay with me anytime." He winked from his spot on the floor. On second thought....

Thanatos shook his head. "You're not staying with Thor."

"Ahem, you're rejecting other offers like I agreed to this." Lucifer spoke up.

Thanatos once again faced him. "I trust you to take care of her more than the others."

Lucifer rolled his eyes. "And why is that dear brother?"

"You're still in love with her." He smirked.

I felt myself stiffen as Lucifer eyes grew dark. "You think spreading lies is going to sway my answer?"

"A lie? If that's what you want to call it." His smirk got bigger.

"Listen if he doesn't want us to say here then you can't force him. I don't need a babysitter anyways." I shrugged.

"You don't but Draco does, and he only gets along with my brother."

"Isabella's lover and protector will never be an enemy to me." You could tell he was serious by his tone. It's like everything I say to him goes through one ear and out the other.

"For the last time my name is Isabel and he's not my lover!"

"True I'm her ex-lover." He winked at me. Ugh boys. There was a knock on the door causing everyone to pause. "Is there more of you coming?" He asked. Thanatos shrugged. I watched as he went over and opened the door.

"Ares?" I haven't seen him in years. The other gods never spoke of him, so I assumed the worst.

He smiled at me, something I've never seen him do. "Sister," then he frowned "What happened to your face?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had no wifi yesterday so decided to write a chapter, havent even finished unpacking yet lol. But what else is there to do when you have no tv? Enjoy and dont forget to vote and comment! Follow me for updates :)