Chapter 43

ISABEL POV

I jolted awake as I felt cold water hit my face. "This isn't nap time." One of the guards growled at me. At least I'm assuming they were guards, there was three of them in total. I hadn't noticed them before when I first came in. I must've passed out from the shock of seeing my parents.

"Now as I was saying, it's a pleasure to finally be in your presence. The "almighty phoenix" I'm in the presence of a legend apparently." He smiled at me. There was no warmth in his smile.

I looked around the room once more before responding. "What do you want with me?"

He gave a loud laugh, startling me. "What makes you think I want anything with you?"

I stared at him in confusion. "Well you kidnapped me..."

He started laughing even harder. "You think all of this is for you? I'll admit maybe before, but now you aren't our target." He got up from his chair, he walked around it until he was standing right in front of me. "No no no, I have a much better target in mind. Someone who's death I know you will feel, like how we felt ours!" He snarled in my face. I flinched back in fear. Up close those scars looked even more menacing.

"Why are you doing this!? She's not even dead." I argued. This revenge of theirs no longer made sense if she never really died. So why did they still want to hurt me? and who were they planning to use?

He glared at me for several seconds, then made his way back to his chair. "No thanks to you, you tried to kill her and failed." Don't these people understand it was an accident? My goodness I was like three! "Take her back to the cells, I have a feeling our guest will be arriving soon."

Who are they waiting for? Does anyone know I've been kidnapped? They could be waiting for nothing. I shrieked as one of the guards suddenly grabbed my arm, heaving me from the chair. Do they know how to be gentle? Jeez I'm still a girl. He didn't wait for me to get my footing as he dragged me out of the room.

"I can walk just fine no need to drag." I complained. He grunted and continued dragging me. He opened the door to the cell taking me back to my place. I waited as he roughly chained me back up. "Same time next time?" I winked at him. I was not expecting the slap that came next. I winched in pain as my cheek stung, hearing the cell door slam shut. I guess we won't be having a second date. The stinging from my cheek was starting to bring tears to my eyes, or maybe I was just crying. How was I supposed to get out of this? I had no help and no idea where I was. For the first time in my life I was completely helpless.

"Are you ok?" Jeremy whispered quietly next to me. I didn't want to talk to him, I was still upset about him and the angels wanting to kill Xavier. He sighed. "Listen I know you're mad at me, but right now I'm all you got. Communication will stop us from going crazy."

I finally looked over at him. "If we got out of this and I took you to meet Xavier would you lead the other angels to him?" He looked down at the ground. "That's what I thought, I have nothing to say to you."

I jolted awake as I heard a commotion outside of my door. Did they finally come to kill us? I struggled against my chains hoping to at least be able to defend myself, but no luck. Jeremy stood still as a statue watching the door. Did he know who was on the other side?

"She's in here." I faintly heard a voice across the room on the other side of the door. There was a loud bang making me jump, like someone threw their self against the door. What was going on out there? Another loud bang and the door flew across the room, missing me by inches. My eyes widened as I saw Draco standing there. Oh thank god! I've never been so happy to see him in my life. "Draco!"