Chapter 26: Darcy

I woke up with a start. Was that a dream or memory? The girl Darcy, her name seemed familiar and her voice sounded just like mine. Did I have a glimpse into my past? And who was the guy? I needed answers.

I looked next to me seeing Xavier still sound asleep. I checked the clock, 2:01am. I was covered in sweat and in desperate need of a shower. I slowly slide out of the bed, making my way to the door. Shuffling down the hall I couldn't help but remember the dream. Darcy had planned to name her son Xavier. That couldn't be a coincidence. Could I be Darcy? If so what did the dream mean? 

I didn't know what room Lucifer was staying in, but if I concentrated long enough I could locate him just like with Xavier. I hummed as I quickly headed his way.

"Knock knock knock!" I called out as I banged on his door. They had him in the maid's quarters, all their rooms were located in the basement. I would have to talk with Hera about this. I don't care what kind of beef they had, this was no way to treat your guest.

He swung the door open slowly glaring at me. "Why are you here?" His tone wasn't welcoming at all.

I ignored him, pushing past to get in the room. "I want to ask you something."

He slammed the door shut. "And you couldn't have waited till morning?"

"Who is Darcy?" The question caught him off guard, I could tell by the surprised look on his face.

"You remember?" He sounded shocked and, was that happiness I detected?

"No. I don't know, I think I had a memory or a dream of one." I could tell I was confusing him. "So Darcy was me?"

He walked over to his bed, if you could even call it that, and took a seat. "Darcy, that was the first time you came back. The first time we met."

"And my mother named me Dracy!? She really does hate me." I cringed.

"Your real mother didn't name you that, the king and queen of that time adopted you." Wow I was a princess?

"That's amazing, you remember most of my lives?" I wonder what else I've been. Lucifer never talks about the past much.

"I remember all your lives." He stated matter of factly.

"What I don't get though is the memory, I was discussing baby names with someone. W-was it you?" I asked him hesitantly.

He hopped up from the bed so fast it gave me whiplash. "You should go." He walked to the door opening it for me, as if I'd just leave.

"I'll go when you answer me." I crossed my arms glaring at him.

He sighed. "Isabel it's 3 in the morning, I don't have time for this."

I childishly stomped my foot making my way to the door. "We'll talk about this tomorrow then." I glared once more for good measure as I left.

My thoughts were going a mile a minute as I walked back to my room. Why couldn't he just give me a straight answer? Is there something I shouldn't know? What is he hiding from me? If he won't give me answers maybe Thanatos would know?

I decided to just leave it for now. It was almost 3am I should be sleeping. Especially because I know Xavier will come and wake me up early.

I pushed my bedroom door open, letting out a scream.

"Will you shut up?" Thanatos cut me off. I was shocked to see him still in the room, laying on my bed. What was I to expect though? We are sharing the room. I guess it slipped my mind.

"Sorry." I sheepishly replied. I made my way to the walk-in closet intending to put on my pajamas.

"Where have you been young lady?" I looked back to see him standing in the closet doorway.

"I went for a walk." I grabbed a pair of shorts and a tank top.

"So you're telling me you've been walking since 9? No way has your lazy ass been walking that long." He smirked at me.

I glared at him. "For your information I happen to workout a lot and that involves walking, now get out of my way."

He stepped aside to let me by, when I was a breath away he blocked my path again. "Where did you say you've been?"

"I didn't say." I mumbled.

"Unless you want to stay in this closet all night, I suggest you start talking."

I rolled my eyes at him. Why does he care where I've been so much? Fine if he wants to act like that. "I was with Lucifer."

I watched his reaction closely, so quick that if I wasn't staring I wouldn't have noticed him stiffen for at least two seconds. "That's nice."

"You don't want to know what for?" I baited.

Now it was his turn to watch me. "Why do I get the feeling that you want to tell me?"

Oh he's good. "Why would you think that?" I casually walked past him out the closet. He was too distracted to stop me.

"For the record I let you pass." Sure he did.

"So, you'll take the floor then?" I asked. I turned just in time to see him appear on the bed. Legs crossed and hands behind his head. I'll take that as a no then.

"Don't bother changing I'll help you." He grinned at me. I opened my mouth intending to call him a pervert, but one snap of his finger and I was in my pjs.

"Wow I didn't know you could do that! I need to learn that." If I could do that maybe it'd be worth calling myself the phoenix.

There was a knock on the door causing me to frown. Who would be visiting us this late? I walked over to open it, surprised to see Draco standing there. With a pillow and blanket. "Uh are you lost?"

He shook his head. "My room is too far to get to you in time if there's danger." He deadpanned.

Thanatos scoffed from the bed. "Every heard three is a crowd buddy?" He called out.

I rolled my eyes. "I don't need you to stay here Draco, I'm fine."

Instead of leaving he just stood there. He looked like a lost puppy kicked out of his master's room. I sighed heavily before opening the door for him.

"You got to be kidding me." Thanatos groaned.

------------------------------------

Sorry for the late update! I've been busy and didnt know how to finish this chapter honestly. Don't forget to vote and comment!