Chapter 38: Coma

"Is mom dead?" I faintly heard Xavier ask someone.

"No she's just, do you know what a coma is?" That I knew was Thanatos.

Xavier let out a gasp. "She's a cone!?"

"No, a coma." I could hear the frustration in his voice.

It was silent for a while, and then. "So, she's dead?"

I felt this was my cue to get up before Thanatos lost his patience. I sat up, Xavier was at the end of my bed, Thanatos standing across from him. "What are you two doing?"

Xavier jumped up at the sound of my voice, wrapping me in a hug. "I knew you weren't a cone! Dad said you were dead."

"I didn't say she was dead."

"Yeah you did."

"No I didn't."

"You said she was dead."

"No I did not."

"YES YOU DID!"

"NO I DIDN'T!"

"ENOUGH! Why are you arguing with a child?" I shook my head at him.

He rolled his eyes. "He started it."

Wow real mature. "Well now I'm finishing it. Why did you think I was dead? And why did you tell him I was in a coma?"

Thanatos looked away for a moment. "You've been asleep for three days." He finally looked me in the eyes.

Whoa what? "Sleep for three days? Why? How?" How could I have fallen asleep for three days? I know I wasn't that tired. He gave a pointed look at Xavier "we'll talk later" He mouthed. I nodded, letting him know I got the message.

"Can we play?" I looked down at the bundle of energy now occupying my lap.

"Play what?" I felt more energized than ever. I guess sleeping for three days straight does that to you.

He thought about it for a moment. "Hide and seek!" I held in my groan. It's not that I don't like hide and seek, its just there's so many places to hide. It takes forever for two people to find each other. That's when an idea hit me.

"That sounds like a plan, why don't you go and get auntie Sydney and uncle Erebus to join us? Meet me in the kitchen in five minutes." His eyes lit up in excitement before he jumped off my bed and ran out the room.

Thanatos took a seat at the end of my bed. "Smart move getting him to leave so we could talk."

I frowned at him. "I'm actually going to find Draco, so he can play too. It's better if I explain it to him instead of Xavier." I climbed out the bed getting ready to head out the door.

"Yeah you definitely need to see Draco, he's been running around accusing everybody of poisoning you. He pulled a blade out on hades and Eris several times. Although I think it only turned Eris on." He laughed. Oh god Draco, I seriously need to have a long talk with him. I yanked my door open quickly making my way to his room.

When I got to his door I prepared to knock, just as it swung open. Lucifer stepped out, seeming surprised to see me. "So we couldn't get rid of you after all?" He smirked. I rolled my eyes pushing past him, trying not to blush as his words came back to me.

"Draco!" He was pacing the room, with a dagger in his hand. Ok then.

He looked relieved when he saw me. I squeaked in surprise as he pulled me in for a bear hug. "I thought I failed you. I will never let you out of my sight again." The sad part is I believe every word he's saying. Especially the 'never let me out of his sight' part. I'll just address that later.

"Yes I'm alive and well. I wanted to know if you wanted to play hide and seek?" I asked him. I could feel Lucifer come and stand behind me.

Draco frowned. "Hide and seek? The game you once played as a child." Ok that's good so he knows what hide and seek is.

"Yes."

His frown deepened. "If that is what you wish. You hide and I will seek. Even though I was born to find you anywhere. You can not hide from me." Way to ruin the game. A built in GPS? I'm pretty sure that's cheating.

"We're not starting yet, we have to meet up with the others." I turned to leave, only to bump into Lucifer.

"You weren't planning to invite me?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

I bit my lip trying not to think about before. "I didn't think it was your type of thing." I shrugged.

"Of course it's his type of thing, who do you think taught you how to play?" Draco laughed. Wait, he taught me how to play hide and seek?

"What?" I turned to him in confusion.

"You were fifteen years old and never played hide and seek before. Then you met him, he taught you and you never wanted to stop playing." He explained.

Lucifer was smiling when I faced him again, as if he was remembering. "You asked me every day, Draco and I were so tired of playing, but we didn't want to hurt your feelings telling you that." He shook his head.

"Well I guess you can join then, we have to leave now though they're probably waiting for us." Having someone tell you about things you don't remember will always give you a headache.

We finally made it to the kitchen minutes later. Xavier, Sydney, Erebus, and Hades were sat at the table. "You invited Hades?" I asked taking a seat.

He shrugged. "He didn't invite me, I just followed the crowd. I forgot how boring this place was." His eyes hardened when he saw Lucifer join us.

Xavier reached across the table grabbing a cup full of pencils. "Ok everybody grab one! If your pencil has a marking on it you're it." It was intense as everyone reached for a pencil. I breathed a sigh of relief when mine came out blank, as did everyone else.

"Who has the marked pencil?" Sydney asked. No one said anything. "Xavier," she laughed. "Did you forget to mark a pencil?" He blushed. I joined her laughter.

"ok I got this covered." I concentrated on the pencil in my hand. Focusing on heat in one finger. I was surprised when it actually worked, burning the side of the pencil. "Ok let's try this again." We all placed our pencils back in the cup. "Ready, set, go!" Everyone quickly grabbed a pencil again.

"Dammit." I heard Lucifer mutter under his breath.

"Good luck sucker." I laughed as we all ran off, splitting in different directions. I was walking down the hall heading for the front door when I felt someone behind me. I turned around to see Draco following me. "What are you doing?"

"I can't let you out of my sight."

I sighed. "Draco go hide somewhere else, if I'm hurt I promise I'll scream for you."

He looked uncertain. "Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure." Very sure. He gave me one last look, before jogging off in another direction. Now I can focus. I rushed towards the garden. There's plenty of places to hide there. The plants and trees made for a good maze. I turned this way and that, before finding a flower pot big enough to hide behind. I dove for it, getting settled behind it. If I wanted to peek all I had to do was lift my head a little to see what was going on. Now, time to wait.

-------------------------------------------

Hi guys! I'm currently working on a new story called 'tricks of passion' that I cant wait to share with yall! It has no relation to death saved me but for those of you that check it out I promise you're going to love it :) I'm hoping to end this book soon with maybe ten or fifteen more chapters left. Anyways don't forget t vote and comment! Enjoy.