Chapter 1 Ririi Fujimori (edited)

It was the start of summer break in Japan for the Blue-eyed beauty Ririi Fujimori; a 20-year-old college student who was in the process of finishing her last semester at Mikato Ichinose Academy, the private school she attended. She only knew a few people from the school. She moved into the private school system right after her mother and father died in a freak accident. Following their last wishes, she moved to Tokyo to attend the prestigious school. The young woman now lives in an apartment; yes, it's small, only two windows fill the room with light, Yet the bright side to the apartment was that it was roomy, and it felt like home.

Like most days on her way to the apartment complex, she would walk through her usual shortcut; which was one of the many dank alleyways situated throughout the city. Boxes covered the walkway, along with an occasional rat scurrying around; however, Ririi never did pay close attention to the surroundings. She looked down at her phone and sighed, "Another day down; and after this break, only one more month before I graduate. Thank goodness..."

College was boring to Ririi, she already knew more than the average student, yet she was still stuck in the mandatory English and math classes. She hated it, not only was the homework easy but the teachers treated the students like children. They asked rhetorical questions that seemed too simple to answer. Along with the expensive college books and school uniforms. Every college day was on a constant cycle. People believed Ririi was a boring teacher's pet, oh how she loathed that comment. She craved for something new to happen in her life. Something; something more than what she was living right now. She craved excitement, danger, and possibly even something thrilling. Coincidentally she felt as if fate somehow would change that for her; something different would change and it would happen soon.

Ririi became lost in thought. 'could something interesting ever happen to a simple college girl like myself? Could my life become something more?' Ririi was becoming even more consumed in thought. She slowly lost track of her surroundings and without warning, she tripped over an abandoned box. The girl cried out, falling onto her hands and knees.

"Damn it!" She cursed and sat back slowly, examining her injuries. The young girl noticed her hands were slightly skinned and her legs had minor cuts from the trash lying around the alleyway. "great, just great. Now I will need to get a tetanus shot!" She groaned in annoyance only to freeze when she overheard a startled squeak. Looking around, she noticed what she had tripped over. A tiny red panda; which seemed to be no more than two months old. The poor animal was shaking. Big innocent red eyes watched Ririi in fear. Ririi's eyes darted back and forth from the box to the small animal. she then realized that the animal was laying inside the box, abandoned like an orphan.

"Aw, you poor thing!" Ririi cried, taking off her purple uniform jacket to wrap around the small animal. It only replied with little squeaks and a sniffling nose. 'Maybe it's sick, it's strange, red pandas are rare. Why would this one be here in the city? Unless it was abandoned.' Ririi thought to herself. Feeling sorry for the poor animal she reached into her backpack and pulled out a brown poncho. She replaced her jacket draped around the animal with the thin cloth. "I need my uniform jacket, but you can have this poncho. It's warmer anyways." Ririi gently draped it over the tiny animal and placed it back in the box. "There we go! all better. I didn't mean to kick you over. Gomen'nasai panda-san!" Rirri smiled at the animal which scurried off into the shadows. Ririi then proceeded to the apartment complex.

It was late before Ririi finally made it home. The sky was clear, yet light water droplets fell out of the sky. One by one the raindrops started to pour on top of Ririi's head. "that's strange? It's raining but there are no clouds in the sky. Gosh, I hope that poor red panda is okay," she whispered to herself as she unlocked the door to the apartment. "Should I go back and get the little guy?" She worried at her lip before throwing her bag inside and rushing back to the alley where she saw the tiny animal once before. When she arrived at the destination, no sign of the red panda could be found. Guilt and anxiety swirled around in Ririi's stomach as she walked around the building to see if it had gone inside or nearby. Only one building occupied the street. The little sushi belt restaurant sat seemingly undisturbed with two patrons inside.

Ririi remembered going into the sushi belt restaurant once before with her parents. Her father was a very unusual man who found comedy in the corniest ways. As they would eat, he would grab his chopsticks and use them as fangs, claiming he was a vampire. She would always laugh at her father and her mother would scold him for being so childish in a public place. Even though her parents seemed a little odd, they were the perfect family. Ririi smiled to herself thinking back at the memory which seemed to fade.

As she wandered around the alley, she started to remember more of her childhood memories. Her mother sat alone at her desk in the extra bedroom typing away on her laptop, most likely her next hit story. Ririi's mother would write stories about vampires, both her parents claimed they met a vampire once before. Ririi never believed in that type of thing, vampires weren't real; right? However; that was before they died. Before that fateful accident that would leave Ririi as an orphan. Perhaps that's why she felt so connected with the red panda? Both were orphans to some extent.

Passing by the restaurant's window she slightly peered in; but, to her dismay, she could barely see inside. She could only see outlines of the two patrons inside; The windows were tinted with blurred glass. 'A red panda would probably be noticed and chased out of a restaurant. It's probably not inside.' Ririi thought while still looking for the tiny red panda in hopes of finding the creature. It was probably cold and scared by now. "I hope I find it soon." As Ririi's search went on, the feeling of guilt grew stronger.