Chapter 18 Uneasy (edited)

"You didn't do too bad Tsubaki, tonight was fun," Hugh announced sitting on Tetsu's shoulder patting his tiny tummy. "The food was divine." Tsubaki's eyes softened slightly looking at his brother. "I'm glad that I can please you all." Tsubaki looked down at Rose and pulled her into his arms. his chin rested on her shoulder why he smiled brightly. "Thank you all for accepting me, but this is all thanks to dear Rose, if it wasn't for her then I would still be confused, trying to find ways for you all to forgive me." Rose blushed looking down at her feet. "n-no problem Tsubaki."

Tsubaki looked at all his siblings, happily taking in their kindness. "You know; I don't even know why I became so enraged. At first, I was just sad about sensei's death but when I entered the C3 base after being taken hostage, I became enraged. I wanted to take revenge, I wanted to kill all of you, yet I felt like I wasn't myself. I felt controlled by someone." Rose was now more alert, 'could Ratchet have done this to Tsubaki? Was he the reason Tsubaki was afraid he would never be a part of his family ever again? Was Ratchet the reason Tsubaki became crazy with rage? Was he the reason as to why the Servamp war started?' Rose stood behind the group, listening to her thoughts.

Ririi stood beside Lily and Jeje. She felt so small compared to the Servamp of Envy. He was already 6 feet tall; to cover his face he wore three bags over his face. Not ordinary bags but more like; a child's lunch- brown paper bags. One bag had a gaping hole, most likely so he could see where he was going. And the other two had odd faces drawn on them. With these bags on his head, he was '8'2". 'wow he's tall.' Ririi glanced up at the Servamp but looked back down at her feet. "hey Lily...Jeje, did you guys notice something off about tonight?" Lily was the first to speak up, "yes, something was wrong. I felt as if I was on guard the whole time. Tsubaki is different now, but..." Ririi sighed "No it wasn't that he was different, I just don't think the Tsubaki you all seen before was, in fact, the real Tsubaki."

"What...?" Jeje stopped in his tracks to look at the human girl. "I mean, I think Tsubaki was right. I think someone was controlling him like a puppet." Lily nodded in understanding, "Yes, I felt that way too. I had no idea C3 even got their hands on Tsubaki." "Yes, they did..." Jeje looked away from the two and kept walking along with everyone else.

Rose paused and stood behind the group. "Everyone..." They all looked at Rose. "Yes, Rose?" "Are you okay Rose?" "Do you sense danger?" Rose smiled at all the questions but motioned towards Tsubaki. "For tonight, I think it would be best if Tsubaki stayed with all of us at the mansion." "Are you serious Rose?!?" Hyde grabbed her arm angerly which caused Tsubaki to glare dangerously at him. "he might kill us in our sleep!" "Hyde. Calm down." Rose gently took his hand into her own. "Tsubaki will be fine. I will keep a close eye on him. He did not harm anyone when we were eating, and he will not harm anyone tonight. I promise he will not hurt anyone." Hesitantly, Hyde let go of Rose's hand and nodded. Misono huffed and turned around, "He may stay for tonight. Oh; also, Ririi; you and Rose will be staying at the Mansion from now on. Lily and I have done the liberty of moving your things to the mansion yesterday. Your belongings are already in your selected rooms."

Tsubaki was frozen in his tracks. 'they will let me stay with them?' Looking over to Lily he noticed that his older brother was nodding towards him. "Yes Tsubaki, you may stay with us. Your subclass may stay as well; however, you must promise that you will not hurt any of my subclass, any of the eves or any of us siblings." "I promise brother." Tsubaki smiled kindly, everything was going smoothly for the Servamp of Melancholy, he was finally earning his family's trust back. Slowly, but surely.