Chapter 24 Doubts About Love (edited)

It was two days after Ririi received her weapon, two days after Misono and Mikuni had fought. Ririi sighed just thinking about what happened. She for sure had a lot of doubt. Not about herself but her relationship with Mikuni.

she was constantly thinking about what Misono said to her 'can you trust my brother? Because I know I cannot.' This made Ririi judge her and Mikuni's relationship. Did they even have a relationship or was he just protecting her because he felt as if he needed to?

Mikuni did not care about what others thought of him. If Ririi was safe that's all that mattered to him. But Ririi saw it differently. If he was hiding things from her if he makes others feel as if he can not be trusted then could she even trust him?

Ririi knew fully well that Mikuni would never hurt her. He leaned in to kiss her just the other day, this proved that he liked her just enough; however, Ririi still could not help but to feel those small traces of doubt whenever she was close to Mikuni and it was starting to eat away at her mind. She felt cold and empty, she needed answers from him.

It was around lunchtime before Ririi and Rose finished with their training. Rose decided to go have lunch with some of Tsubaki's subclass and then later she wanted to spend time with Tsubaki.

It was only fair that the pair have a break from training for a few hours. After all, they had been training for two days straight with the others. This allowed Ririi to go and talk with Mikuni alone.

She didn't mind Rose, but it was just the fact that the Servamp had a lot to deal with lately. From having mixed feelings towards Tsubaki to knowing her brother was becoming stronger. Ririi did not want Rose to also worry about her relationship issues.

Once the Servamp of Fear was out of sight Ririi decided it would be best to ask Misono for a ride to Mikuni's antique shop. Mikuni went to his antique shop that morning to check up on things.

While trying to find Misono's room Ririi walked around the mansion only to become lost. There were so many rooms in the mansion, it was almost like a maze. Once climbing up many flights of stairs she came across a gigantic door, it was a light pink color. "what a strange taste in color for a door." Ririi pondered at her chin then opened the door. The light blinded her, once her sight became clear she noticed many children stared at her. "oh, my goodness, are all these kids Lily's?! I know he's the Servamp of lust but, what the hell?!" "Oh goodness no."

Ririi turned around swiftly to come face to face with Lily. Lily gently picked up the child that was pulling on his trench coat, "These little cuties are my subclasses. But might I ask, why are you up here Ririi?" "I'm sorry Lily, I became lost on my way to find Misono. So, I ended up here." "That's quite alright, it is a huge home. A person will get lost if they do not know where they are going."

Lily's warm smile made Ririi feel so much better. "I will be back kiddies. I need to guide miss Ririi back to Misono's room." All the children sighed but went back to doing what they were originally doing.

"So, all those children are your subclass?" Lily nodded while shutting the door. "Yes, they are. These children were hunted by Tsubaki's Subclass at one point. His subclass would kill these children." "I hate to be rude Lily, but, what exactly is a subclass? I mean I've heard you guys talk about them, but I didn't get the low down." "subclass were once humans, usually they will be on the brim of death. If they drink a Servamps blood when on the brim of death, they will become immortal. Then they will serve their Servamp master forever as a subclass. You see a Servamp relationship is like a giant food chain. An Eve is on top, they will give Servamps orders that the Servamp must obey. Then a Servamp will be next in line, and subclasses are at the bottom. Subclasses serve a Servamp." "Well, that makes sense." Ririi smiled and walked down the hall with Lily.

"Another question Lily." "Yes?" "What's been wrong with Misono lately? He's been acting so strange." Surprised, Lily stopped in the middle of the hallway. "So you never knew?" "Knew what Lily?" Lily Smiled and then started to lightly laugh. "What's so funny Lily?" "Well you see, Misono has fallen head over heels for you miss Ririi. He is quite fond of you; however, I think he understands now that you do not see him in that way. You like his older brother, Mikuni." Ririi groaned, "I had no clue he liked me, Lily. All I knew was he did not like Mikuni."

Rubbing her head, she looked off in the distance. "I guess I'm just not used to relationships." She turned her head in Lily's direction, but to her surprise, he was no longer there. "Lily?" Ririi twirled on her heel but he was no longer around. The only thing that was around was a purple door.

"I wonder where he went off to? Wait, is this Misono's room?" Ririi softly knocked on the door only to be answered with a soft retort "Come in..." Walking inside the room Ririi noticed a lump laying on a huge king-sized bed. "Misono?" shooting up in bed Misono stared at Ririi. "R-Ririi, what are you doing in my room?" "I should be asking you the same question Misono, it's past noon. Why are you still in bed and your pajamas?" Misono groaned and looked outside the window next to his bed. "It's been a long week. we have been training for two days straight." "I know Misono." Ririi smiled and shut the door behind her.

"So why are you here Ririi?" "Well, I was wanting to ask for a ride to Mikuni's antique shop. I know your driver guy only takes orders from you, Mikuni, and your father."

A grumble came from Misono's throat "But, I am also here to talk to you Misono. Lily told me that you like me. Is that true?" "Lily! You bastard!" Misono shook his head, "Look, Ririi, I did like you. But that day I walked up on you and Mikuni...I knew you two were about to kiss...." Misono growled and balled his hands into fists while gripping his bedsheets "I know you like him and I can't do anything about that. Everyone in the past has chosen Mikuni over me...He was the first child. I was just a mess up. I was a mistake that was created out of my father's mistake." "That's not true!" Ririi stomped her foot and glared at Misono.

"You say that you're just a mess up but you're not! You are a fantastic little boy Misono! You protect your friends! You helped stop Tsubaki back when the war happened. You fought bad guys just because they were hurting others. Misono you are not a mess up. You are caring, sweet, amazing, brave and most of all you have a big heart. You believe in what you choose to believe in. You fight for what's right. I don't know what else to say Misono. Just know this; you are not at all a mistake!"

gasping for air Ririi looked at Misono only to see his purple eyes filling up with tears "Y-you mean that Ririi?" "I do Misono. Nothing will change my point of view of you. You are you and you are perfect." Ririi took the short male into her arms and gave a reassuring squeeze.

Her arms, were so warm, so inviting. Misono was a blushing mess. This girl knew how to bring out his emotions. "Heh, you know...maybe Rose has rubbed off on you Ririi. You just said something that she would, that speech was so reassuring." Wiping his eyes Misono pulled back out of the hug. For the first time since Ririi knew him, he gave her a genuine smile. "You said you needed a ride to Mikuni's Antique shop?" "Yes." "Alright. My driver will meet you out in front of the mansion. I wish you well Ririi, and please be safe..."