Chapter 21

---2 days later---

Matt's P.O.V.

Me and Sutton have been hanging out a lot lately. I think that today I am going to ask her out. I cant ask anybody if I should cuz Nash told everybody I stole Hayes girl. Well she wasn't dating him and today I am going to find out if she actually likes him.

Me and Sutton are at the beach. She was laying down in the shade reading a book. Hey Sutton? "Yah". I got a question but when I ask it please don't get mad. "Ok what is it"? I heard that you just like me so you can make Hayes mad. Is that true but even if it is I am not mad. "No I like you because of you. If your wondering yes I did like Hayes. But it will never work for us. I was over him before I even met you. Yah it still hurts when I see him kissing another girl. But thats cuz I liked him since I could remember. But he is in the past and your the present". Well thanks for telling me the truth. Im not mad at you but I do need some time to think. I got up and walked into the ocean. I just need some time to think.

I understand she has know Hayes longer. But that still hurt hearing her say she liked him. I don't think of her any different. I still like her a lot. I just don't know if I can date her after knowing she has had a crush on my best friend before I even knew her. Feelings like that don't just go away. We can still be friends but my feelings for her wont go away for awhile.

Sutton's P.O.V.

After I told him my feelings he told me he wasn't mad at me. But when he got up I had to watch him walk away. It hurt because every time I fall for a guy they leave me. I know after what I just told him he is going to pretend we didn't have feelings for each other. I got all my stuff together. I got up and walked away from the beach.

---later---

I was now in my room watching Netflix. I got bored and walked over to my balcony. When I got there I looked out towards the beach. Matt was still out there. He was sitting on his towel looking at the sunset. I guess he was happy I left cuz I didn't get any texts. Just then my phone went off. I walked back in my room and grabbed my phone. I looked to see what it was. It was a message from Hayes.

From Hayes: Matt told me about what you said. Im sorry you feel that way. But I was just wondering if we could talk. I miss you so much Sutton you were my world and when you moved I hated my self every day for what I did. When I didn't say good bye to you I figured you would never wanted to talk to me again. But please can we just talk.

What he said was true every part. But I didn't really want to talk to anyone. The only people I will talk to is my family and friends. Which speaking of them they are all coming over in about an hour and they are going to spend the night. I decided I an going to text Hayes back.

To Hayes: Your right Hayes. I do feel that way. And you shouldn't say sorry for my feelings. Hayes I still like you but after today I don't want to be in a relation ship with you are Matt. I don't want to be friends either. Cuz every time we talk you hurt me. I don't want to talk to you anytime soon. When I saw kiss Karma I stopped liking you. I will always have feelings for you. But you will never have for me. So after I send this text just expect not to see me pretending to know you. Because I don't when I left you changed and so have I. Goodbye Hayes I will miss you but its for the best. 😘