Chapter 15: Suspicions Rising

"So Roderick has been lying to us all this time?!" Melissa asked shocked. "Or, like I said, Samantha had a change of heart." Peter said. "I'll go do research in a bit on the previous election to see if Samantha had been a warmonger or if she's had this peacemaking agenda all this time." Melissa said. "I was there during the election and I think she had the peacemaking agenda." Peter said. "So he's been lying to us all this time?" Melissa asked. "Possibly. Unless she's had multiple changes of heart during her month as queen." Peter said. "Wait it's only been a month?!" Melissa asked surprised at how slow time seemed like it was going. "Yeah. In a month she's done a lot." Peter said.

"What are you guys talking about?" Roderick asked as he walked outside. "Why did you just walk out here when we're talking to each other?!" Melissa asked. "Because, one, I want to know what you two are talking about. And two, I have a right to go outside. Everyone does." Roderick said. "Ugh...Well we were talking about how it's only been a month since Samantha became president." Melissa said not mentioning the other topic they were talking about. "It's only been a month?! Holy crap!" Roderick said surprised. "I know right?! And tons of stuff has happened too!" Peter said. "Right! Well I need to go on the date tomorrow so I need to go get some sleep. See you two tomorrow, and good night." Roderick said to them as he walked back inside. "Ok since he's gone we can both do the research overnight. If he's lying then we'll play the game he's playing and act like we're his allies until the right time." Peter said. "Ok. So we lie about us being his allies?" Melissa asked. "Correct." Peter said.