Chapter 2: Questions for a King

It only took a few minutes for Samantha, Ava, and Joseph to reach the front of the line. Samantha was obviously very excited, while the others were less excited but were still excited to meet the king and possibly change the Dorian System. "We just need to wait for these people to get done with the questions, then we can change the world!" Samantha said optimistically. "Possibly." Joseph said. "Have optimism! It WILL happen!" Samantha said still optimistic. "It's nearly impossible to change what our government wants to do in the Dorian War. They want to stay as spectators. Not as peacemakers." Joseph thought of saying but didn't.

"Next!" The king's assistant said. "Yes! We're finally next!" Samantha said happily. "Don't ask too many questions. The people before you asked 10 questions. All were pretty weird." The assistant said. "Weird. Well where do I meet the king?" Samantha asked hiding the excitement. "He's up there in his chair." The assistant said. "Ok! Thanks!" Samantha said as she ran up the stairs. "Sammy you're supposed to be the fancy one! Not the one running up stairs in high heels!" Joseph said. "Oh! I forgot I was wearing high heels!" Samantha said as she slowed down. She approached the king. The king's name was Rick Shades. People called him King Shades. "Hello Ric- I mean King Shades!" Samantha said excited. "I see you're happy to meet me. What're your questions?" Rick asked. "First. How has your day been so far?" Samantha asked. "Well I had to get up at 3 in the morning which was tiring. I also was asked weird questions like "Do you have any objects out of the ordinary?" I thought that was a weird question to ask. So my day has been okay so far." Rick said. "You're very social! I like it!" Samantha said. "Thanks. What's your next question?" Rick asked. "This one's related to the other Dorians. Are you going to help them make peace amongst their worlds? This war has been going on for ages and we have no grudges with any of the Dorians, so we have the biggest chance of making peace!" Samantha said. "I'll...keep that question and evidence in mind. Is that all of your questions?" Rick asked. "One more. Do you want peace between the Dorians?" Samantha asked. "No more questions involving the war. We're not getting involved and that's final. Now go. You've answered all your questions." Rick said. "Ok...Just please consider the peace thing...We need peace among the Dorians!" Samantha said. "Ok...I'll...possibly think about making peace. Now go." Rick said. "Ok. Thanks for answering the questions great king!" Samantha said as she walked away from Rick's chair. She walked back to Ava and Joseph who were waiting for her. "What did he say?" Ava asked. "He'll think about it." Samantha said. "We all know what he means when he says that..." Ava said. "Well we still have Plan B." Joseph said. "That's true. So now we do Plan B!" Samantha said.