Chapter 13: Second Date

"He's coming!" Samantha said happily at 3 in the morning. "In a few hours..." Joseph said tired. "You're right, so you have time to get tidy! Go clean up!" Samantha commanded. "Why do I need to go clean up?" Joseph asked. "Because you might be in front of him for a few seconds! You don't want to look like a hobo if you're part of the government! Especially in front of a successful business man!" Samantha said. "Wait he's a successful business man?" Joseph asked. "Yes! I found it out during the election! Now go tell Ava to clean up also! He'll be here in a few hours so go fast!" Samantha said. "Ok fine I will." Joseph said reluctantly.

"He's here!" Samantha said after waiting for eight hours. "Finally! You've been standing there for hours now! Aren't you tired of standing?!" Joseph asked relieved. "Why yes my legs are killing me! But it's worth it!" Samantha said. "You could've just sat down you know..." Ava said. "I know! I wanted to show that I'm willing to stand for hours for Roddy!" Samantha said. "O...k then." Ava said. Samantha heard a knock on the door. "That's him!" Samantha said happily. "Why don't you let one of us get the door for you? For all we know it could be an attacker!" Joseph said. "I know it's him!" Samantha said opening the door. "Am I late?" Roderick asked. "Not at all! Glad your here Roddy!" Samantha said happily. "Roddy eh? I like the name." Roderick said. "Thanks!" Samantha said. "Well let's go!" Roderick said. "Yes let's go!" Samantha said excited. "Oh and your friends look good today." Roderick said. "Told you guys you needed to look good!" Samantha yelled at Joseph and Ava. Roderick and Samantha got into the car and drove off to lunch.

"Should we go somewhere different today?" Roderick asked. "Nope! Same place as last time!" Samantha said. "Ok that's good I was heading there anyway." Roderick said. They parked at the restaurant parking lot. They then walked into the building. Roderick opened the door for Samantha. "Thanks!" Samantha said. "No prob!" Roderick said back. They sat at a table and got their orders taken. They ordered the same stuff as last time, which was well done steak with a slice of garlic bread. They ate and then they went to the park. They talked to each other a bit and learned more about each other. Samantha learned more about Roderick's business past and his relevance throughout the years, while Roderick learned more about Samantha and what she wants for the Dorian System. Both had a good time and Roderick dropped Samantha off at the government place. "See you tomorrow?" Roderick asked. "I'll be busy tomorrow, but the day after tomorrow is fine!" Samantha said. "Ok. See you then!" Roderick said. "Ok see ya Roddy!" Samantha said as she kissed him on the cheek. She went inside. "How was the date?" Joseph asked. "Glorious! It was just as good as the last date or maybe even better!" Samantha said blushing.

"How did it go?" Peter asked. "Horrible again! She kept saying how she wants to keep war brewing through the Dorian System! Like I said before that bitch wants us all killed!" Roderick said lying. "It looks like you're blushing." Peter said. "That's from anger! My face turned red from the anger!" Roderick said lying again. "Ok. Well we need to stop her! She wants us killed like you said!" Peter said. "We'll get it done. Don't worry." Roderick said. "Well Melissa should be back from her wedding any minute now." Peter said. "A wedding took that long?!" Roderick asked surprised. "Well there's the celebration after and there's other things too." Peter said. "Ah. Ok. We can plan more after she's back." Roderick said. "Ok." Peter said back.