Chapter 20: The Final Showdown

Dakota's minigun shot at Roderick. Roderick got cover before any bullets shot him. "All of your allies are gone Roderick! Surrender now!" Dakota commands as he keeps shooting at Roderick. "I'll never surrender!" Roderick yells as he throws a sticky bomb at Dakota's ship. His ship moves out of the way of the bomb and kept firing on Roderick.

"Psst. Hey Samantha!" The dying Dorian-2 diplomat said to Samantha. "Yeah?" Samantha said back. "You know Roderick is distracted right? This is your chance to take him down!" The dying Dorian-2 diplomat said. "Oh! You're right!" Samantha said as she ran to take down Roderick. Roderick was too focused on Dakota that he didn't hear Samantha coming. Samantha tackled Roderick down. Roderick yelled I'm surprise. "Ah I see you've joined the fight also, huh? Well I came prepared. You think I wouldn't of thought of many different scenarios?" Roderick said as he pressed a button. The Dorian-2 diplomat dies smiling in hopes Samantha wins.

A ship came flying in. It shot down Dakota's s ship. Dakota somehow landed his ship on a nearby building without many injuries sustained. "Now you don't have your little friend anymore." Roderick said as he kicked Samantha off of him. Samantha staggered for a bit. Roderick got up and pointed his gun at Samantha. "So Sammy you fought for peace all this time? Well too bad it's going to be taken away from you!" Roderick said as he was about to shoot Samantha. "Don't move." A dying Dorian-1 diplomat commanded as he used the last of his strength to point a gun at Roderick. "What are you going to do, huh? Are you going to shoot me?" Roderick asked as turned around and pointed the gun at the diplomat. The dying Dorian-1 diplomat shook. He didn't want to hurt let alone kill someone as he was a pacifist. He didn't like the war and he never wanted anyone getting hurt. "Are you scared? Come on! Shoot me!" Roderick said taunting him. "I'll shoot you if you don't put the gun down!" The dying Dorian-1 diplomat said still shaking. Roderick knocked his gun out of his hand and then shot him in the shoulder. The diplomat tried to crawl away, but Roderick shot him in the head. "I don't want people to die either man." Roderick whispered under his breath. Samantha hit Roderick in the back in the head with a blunt object. Roderick fell to the ground. "Get his gun and kill him!" A dying Dorian-3 diplomat said. "No. We need to make him realize that what he's doing is more bad than good." Samantha said. "I think he knows that!" The dying Dorian-3 diplomat says falling to the floor.

Roderick shoots him and the Dorian-4 diplomat, just to make sure everyone's dead. "Roddy, please stop this." Samantha begs. Joseph and Ava come running in the room with guns aimed at him. "It's my legacy." Roderick says aiming the gun at her. "I love you. Please, Roddy, give your kids a different legacy than bloodshed." Samantha begs walking up to him. She grabs the barrel of his gun and puts it to her head. "Shoot me." Samantha says. Roderick drops the gun. "I'm sorry." Roderick says. Joseph and Ava knock him out. "Where shall he go?" Ava asks. "Throw him in prison." Samantha says reluctantly.

The coming months were filled with rebuilding and negotiations. Dorian-5 brought peace to the Dorian system, and thanks to Peter's influence Dorian joined the Planetary Alliance. Roderick was given a pardon by Samantha, but only if he promised to be her boyfriend again. "She's a little too forgiving." Joseph says watching Samantha almost suffocate Roderick with a hug. "That's an understatement." Ava says laughing.

"Looks like there's two more, Wul and Quell." Robert says holding Lilith's on the construction site of a gas giant sized space station called Celestial. "Two more till we beat the Hive once and for all." Lilith says hopeful. "We should stop holding hands." Robert says letting her hand go. "Just because we're not dating doesn't mean we can't." Lilith says thinking of their son, Brandon. Robert ignores her. "Let's just focus on finding Quell and Wul." Robert says walking away.