Chapter 16: Investigations

Melissa and Peter did their research overnight and found out that Samantha has always been in the peacemaker agenda. "Your suspicions were correct, Peter." Melissa said. "Ok so for now we play the ally game, then at the right time we do the right thing." Peter said. "Ok." Melissa said.

"He'll be here in a few minutes!" Samantha said excited. "I know... I'm suited up..." Joseph said tired. "Me too..." Ava said tired and annoyed. The door rings and Samantha bolts to the door. "Hi Roddy!" Samantha says happily. "Hey, Sammy." Roderick says trying yo be clever. "Roddy and Sammy rhyme, it's not very creative, but I like it!" Samantha yells happily. Ava and Joseph fell asleep while standing up. "Your friends are talented." Roderick says pointing to them. "Huh, I didn't know they could do that." Samantha says. "Should we just go?" Roderick asks. "Yeah, let's go." Samantha says as the two head to Roderick's car.

"Should we investigate Roderick's room while he's out?" Melissa asks. "I think that's a good idea." Peter says. Both of them try to open Roderick's door, but it's locked. "He's hiding something." Melissa says. "That's kind of obvious." Peter says. "Maybe he has the key on him, or at his System Saver, or whatever it's called, office. For the record, it's a dumb name, Grave Industries is better." Melissa says jealously. "You're just jealous that his parents or grandparents didn't use their last name in the company name." Peter says poking fun at her. "I'm Mrs. Hile now, I'll admit it's kind of weird and I'm jealous." Melissa says reluctantly. "So, sis, shall we head to the office?" Peter asks. "Alright." Melissa says. The two get in Peter's car and leave.

"That date was awesome!" Samantha says after she beat Roderick at a game of mini golf. "Only because you won." Roderick says while he opens the door for her. "Thanks, Roddy!" Samantha says happily. Roderick drives her to back to her house. "See you tomorrow?" Roderick asks. "Tomorrow is the announcement and finalising of the peace, So the day after that." Samantha explains. "Can't wait." Roderick says. Samantha kisses him on the cheek and waves goodbye as she leaves.

Peter and Melissa couldn't get into the office. "Their date should be over, let's hurry back." Melissa says angrily. Peter nods and they run home as fast as they can. They beat Roderick by almost a minute. "Hey guys." Roderick said. "Hi, Roderick." Melissa says with a stern look. "Tomorrow we make our move. We can't let this war continue, and she's planning to assassinate the diplomats." Roderick lies. "Alright then." Melissa and Peter say. "Well, I'll go to sleep now, night." Roderick says going into his room.

~Three and half hours later~

Peter wakes up and finds Melissa isn't inside the house. He looks for a bit and later finds her outside after looking through a window. "Hey, sis, something the matter?" Peter asks walking outside. "Yes, Peter, there's something that's wrong." Melissa says hiding a picture of Mr. George. "What's that?" Peter asks. "You were gone! You didn't attempt to establish contact, nothing! And now I'm here instead of at home with my husband." Melissa says with a sad look. "I'm sorry, I really am." Peter says attempting to explain. "Are you? Since I've been here you haven't once said how nice it is to see me, and you barely talk to me about anything but the situation we're in." Melissa says with watery eyes. "Then let's talk now." Peter says wiping her tears away.