Feelings

Part One

Neela turned to Bebe, Shweta and Prakash, fearing their reactions. She knew Avni hadn't fallen in love with Neil yet, so she could get over it in due time, but she didn't want her daughter to go through what she had at her age.

" Tillu tuhme Avni kahan mili?," Bebe asked.

" I got called to coordinate everyone's statements that were attacked yesterday. I wish Avni would have called me, but then before I could get angry at her, the nurse informed me that Avni had lost consciousness after she was attacked," Neil revealed.

Avni looked at Neil stunned.

Did he actually care about her ? Or was this more because of his duty as her fiancee and a police officer?

" Chalo Avni why don't you get freshened up. Shweta we have to dress her wounds and get her some food to eat. Neil you too get some rest. We will all eat together and then figure out what to do next," Bebe declared.

"Jee Bebe, baat ab humari beti jaisi bahu ki hai," Prakash added.

Neela sighed with relief. They would accept Avni after all.

Avni was directed to the guest room across from what which both be her and Neil's room in a few days.

She freshened up and changed to clothes laid out by Bebe and Shweta.

She struggled with the clasp of her zipper. She pulled it up as far she was able to. The floral top hugged her figure. She wore a long skirt with it. She was grateful the clothes would cover her minor injuries for now.

Neil knocked on her door.

He had offered to bring the first aid kit to her when he noticed his mother about to.

"Abhi yeh mera haaq hai," he stated no one in particular. But their mothers exchanged knowing looks.

Neil Khanna was beginning to accept Avni Parikh.

She snapped out her reverie noting the knocking. She turned to face Neil with a first aid kit in his hand and free hand on the doorknob.

"Tum theek toh ho?"

She merely nodded.

"Thanks agar tum ne hote, toh.."

"No need for thanks. I was doing my duty. But you will have to promise me something," he warned.

" Woh kya?"

"You won't take the law in your hands again," he insisted.

"I have a right to defend my friends , my family and myself, Neil. Someone else won't be around to do it for me," she hissed.

He glared at her.

His eyes were reddened recalling the events of a few hours ago. How he found her unconscious and he feared he would lose her before he could fully understand what they had between them was. He felt like she was the only girl who he could willingly marry.

He finished dressing the wound near her wrist and then moved forward to caress the errant strands on her forehead. He gently traced her bruised forehead and a small cut there.

She winced. He applied a small bandaid on her forehead.

" Your brother and Ali will be here soon. Maddy Bua and Kareena should be coming along soon. I will let you get ready," he said softly.

She nodded.

But as he left he noticed her looking away and that her zipper wasn't completely done. He slowly made his way back to her.

She frowned at him.

He leaned in and zipped her up.

She turned warm feeling his fingertips on her bare skin.

"Come soon," he whispered before he left her alone with her thoughts.

Everyone tried to enjoy the practice. However due to the recent events the wedding would be preponed. A few events would occur tomorrow and the wedding in two days. Prakash had their tickets booked. Avni would stay with Neela for two days until her visa was ready, then she and Neil would go on a honeymoon.

She pulled Neil aside before she was due to leave with her mother and brother Aman.

"Neil why do we have to go on honeymoon so soon? I mean we barely know each other, we have our careers and everything else to worry about?," she stammered.

" Why you think you can't control yourself?"

"Kya?"

"Yeah you think I am gonna just make you be close to me because everyone is calling it a honeymoon?"

"What? You can't make me do anything!," she snapped.

" Listen Avni the only reason we are preponing the wedding is because of your safety. This morning you had these minor injuries, the next time if you throw yourself in danger we can lose you. I am doing this for Neela Ma. She loves you a lot. I cannot bear to see any of the women in my life in pain. If I can save them some , I will no matter what I have to do," he declared.

"Theek hai. I guess if you can care for my mother like you do your own, I will cooperate in the plan," she declared.

Neil nodded.

"Good. Now go on, Ma is waiting for you," he stated.

As she glared at him and then walked away, he shook his head.

His wifey to be was surely a tube light. Ms. Ajooba would make the rest of his life very interesting to say the least.